By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - After playing Killzone 2 beta, I must say...

This is the best FPS I have ever played (sorry CoD4), and this is from a guy that didn't really enjoy Killzone 1 and had to force myself to play through that.

I must also say sorry Uncharted and Gears 2, you are not the king of graphics on consoles anymore. This game looks absolutely stunning and looks much better on your TV then on the videos that you see online.

One thing I kinda wish for, and sorry about this Sony fans, is that this game was 360 exclusive and published by MS. Allow me to explan, Sony back in the PS1 and PS2 days had some sweet commercials and marketing, nowadays all we see is crap marketing, maybe it's because they can't spend too much money right now since they aren't making any, but over the past couple of years, MS marketing has been tremendous, I really feel if this game was on the 360 and exclusive with MS marketing power, it could sell 7 or 8+ mil, easy. It's that good. Now with a smaller install base that is the PS3 and with Sony's retarded marketing team, we must settle for maybe 3 mil, 4 if we're lucky.

I was sketchy about this title, but now am picking it up day 1, might even pre order it, and I haven't pre ordered a game since Zelda TWW just so I could get OOT on the GC disk.

Congrats GG, here's hoping the SP is as good as the MP.

Around the Network

So its that good.

This is how everyone feels once they play the beta. :)

And Squilliam and I have been talking, and we think it can break the 4 million mark. It'll surely outsell Resistance 2, and very likely Call of Duty 4 as well.

Hopefully Sony will market it like they did the first. That one broke 2 million despite being pretty mediocre.

Tbone said:
So its that good.

Yes.

makingmusic476 said:

This is how everyone feels once they play the beta. :)

And Squilliam and I have been talking, and we think it can break the 4 million mark. It'll surely outsell Resistance 2, and very likely Call of Duty 4 as well.

Hopefully Sony will market it like they did the first. That one broke 2 million despite being pretty mediocre.

This deserves Halo 3 level marketing.

Dammit i really wanna try the beta 2 hopefully Ign give away some beta keys.
Sony if they are smart the market Killzone 2 like hell and i think they will beacuse it would be foolish not to do it.

Around the Network

This is the only PS3 title im excited about

"I envy you. You North Americans are very lucky. You are fighting the most important fight of all- you live in the heart of the beast." 

Ernesto "Che" Guevara.

@FilaBrasileiro

I completly agree. After getting my hands on this game at TGS I have been on the edge of my seat for this puppy.

Sony needs to pull out all the stops for this game marketing wise. I want Halo level stuff like mentioned earlier. It angers me that they make these amazing games, and they fail to market them to the potential buyers. The amount of potential profit they lose is just stagering.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

I agree, Microsoft could take this game further than Sony in terms of marketing. American TV have been swarmed by Fable2 and GeOW2 commercials. It's a shame Sony will probably screw up KZ2 commercials and ads by

1. Having a commercial that makes absolutely no sense.
or
2. Not showing any creativity.
or
3. Barely showing them at all.
or all of the above.

Heck, THQ could probably market KZ2 better than Sony. And that's pathetic.

wow really? I hope word of mouth travels fast. I don't remember killzone 1 being that good in sales, so I was in doubt for a bit... I still am, but just less so.

KBG29 said:
@FilaBrasileiro

I completly agree. After getting my hands on this game at TGS I have been on the edge of my seat for this puppy.

Sony needs to pull out all the stops for this game marketing wise. I want Halo level stuff like mentioned earlier. It angers me that they make these amazing games, and they fail to market them to the potential buyers. The amount of potential profit they lose is just stagering.

bbsin said:

1. Having a commercial that makes absolutely no sense.
or
2. Not showing any creativity.
or
3. Barely showing them at all.
or all of the above.

Couldn't have said it better myself, all LBP commercials fucking sucked and I didn't see them nearly enough, why couldn't they put some huge Sackboy at TRU and have the game in front of the store? Special Edition with plush Sackboy and Sackgirl? Plenty of (creative and better) commercials on casual networks and during prime time? Crap, why couldn't they have a demo ready on PSN and have told TRU, Best Buy, Gamestop etc to put it on their kiosks? LBP was handled horribly, I'm hoping word of mouth will help that game.

Back to Killzone 2, it needs to be on the Serra - GSP UFC in February, it needs to have a special edition, it needs all this marketing, this game really is special and word of mouth will help it sell games, but it also needs to grab some casuals out there first, then after that they will tell their friends who will also pick up the game. I have no faith in Sony to market this properly, but I'm hoping for the best.

theprof00 said:
wow really? I hope word of mouth travels fast. I don't remember killzone 1 being that good in sales, so I was in doubt for a bit... I still am, but just less so.

After you play this puppy, all your fears will be put to rest. trust me on this.