By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What's this Resistance 2 review about?!

So I was reading some reviews on Fallout 3 and I noticed something... Variety gave the game a score of 97, but how come it's only counted on the 360 version and not the PS3 one?

Around the Network

not only that but meta doesn't list their terrible SMG review

Dryden said:
leo-j said:
I love reviewers, its like 80% of them are biased.

And the other 19% are morons.

I just read the biased ones that are biased towards my platforms, and ignore the ones that are biased against my platforms.

Fixed. IGN are just about the only good reviewers left. EuroGamer and GameSpot are improving, but they have a lot of work to do.

Possibly even worse than Variety is Edge. They give Gears 2 and Left 4 Dead both 9/10 (fair enough)

THEN they give Resistance 2 a 6/10 and Valkyria Chronicles a 7/10.

They used to be idiots, now they are fanboys. They gave BioShock a 7/10, for god's sake.

I think the turning point was when they gave a perfect score to LBP. M$ didn't like this. M$ forked over some money. Apparently, they need TWO biased reviewers at any point:

1) GameSpot and - (didn't last long)

2) GameSpot and EuroGamer

3) EuroGamer and Variety

4) Variety and Edge

Of course, Microsoft actually DOES have a deal with Variety (it's been proven) so they'll last a while. I think Edge will be the next to go. Who will replace them? 1UP?

All I know is that IGN will never fall into the trap.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

ChronotriggerJM said:

@Gar

Well let's see, if you just wanted to be subjective like that, lemme try to speak a different tone.

Gears of war 2!
Bad acting, check.
Grey. check.

Well shit, it's obviously like every other turd game out there /rolleyes.

Resistance is amazing because it re-defines the "standard shooter" and reinvigorates it. It actually makes it fun. In every other shooter out there, if the enemy is behind cover, you either wait it out, or toss a grenade. Yaaaaaaaaaaaay. In Resistance however, you actually have options, the weapons at your disposal change the way a shooter is played for a very very frantic and fun way. Your standard multi-player maps loaded with campers have gone the way of the dinosaur, you stay in one place for any amount of time and someone will rape your face off, you can be lethal behind cover, you can flush enemies out of hiding by hitting them from angles not physically possible in real life. It's a video game baby, and a damn good one at that!

Yea i agree,Gears 2 is nothing special,Neither is R2(SP wise) and the only hope for a TRUE NEXT GEN Game is KZ2,But i could be wrong,since most great games this gen are last gen material,i wouldnt be suprised.

@theproff00-R2 was hyped up by Sony and Sony fanfeinds,Im sure its a fun game,after all i will be getting it,Its not anything amazing beside MP.

I still don't understand why people care.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Around the Network

"not only that but meta doesn't list their terrible SMG review"
Because it was sponsored by Sony :P

Although I agree... I am very surprised that Metacritic included it, as they are considered better than Gamerankings as Meta only accepts review scores of the sites that have at least proven themselves to be half decent.

Garnett said:
ChronotriggerJM said:
I dunno, I don't want to flame and say that the article was COMPLETE rubbish, I mean it does have a few decent points. For one, the game is pretty linear as far as the story is concerned :P No real need to explore or any of that, and there ARE pockets of monsters from point to point, and at least for me, the story didn't make too much sense or really draw the player in, HOWEVER, that said, the review also didn't mention the fact that playing all of this, "same ol' same ol" is just simply awesome :P The weapon's they placed throughout this game are just so much fun to use, and the linear levels definitely benefit from them, on a regular shooter it might not fly so well, but in this game I disagree completely :P

Using guns like the bulseye, magnum, and auger DEFINITELY change up what could have been a regular frag fest, and make it something so much more technical. And Resistances ability to map out awesome "epic fights" is second to none, I swear it! They are frantic, amazing to participate in, and just unbelievable sometimes.

Resistance was one of the few shooters I've played where dying just makes me re-think of a different way I can beat the situation without chalking it up to a few missed shots, I'm not sure about you guys, but dying was actually fun to me in this, esp dying to some of the more intense moments, it was almost a blessing because you wanted to do that segment again so badly anyway :P Resistance is one hell of a game, and this review doesn't seem to want to participate in it ^^

And on a second note, this games co-op is addicting ;-; my roomate and I literally have trouble putting it down sometimes ;-;

Lets see,Unintresting story(Check),Same Game(check),Last gen linear levels(Check)..Yea there biased >_>

@Jo21-"Games should be based upon how fun they are not features"-ZenfoldorVGI

it's clear you haven't tried the multiplayer ;)

Dammit Garnett, your supposed to get angry and defend gears :( That botched everything I was attempting to hit >
Anywho's! I find the game absolutely amazing, I just beat it and it's got a pretty badass ending xD Now I'm onto the multiplayer :) I'm rolling a soldier I think, after that a special ops ^^ Hit me up sometime for a game guys! ChronoTJM :D

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

ChronotriggerJM said:
Dammit Garnett, your supposed to get angry and defend gears :( That botched everything I was attempting to hit ><

Anywho's! I find the game absolutely amazing, I just beat it and it's got a pretty badass ending xD Now I'm onto the multiplayer :) I'm rolling a soldier I think, after that a special ops ^^ Hit me up sometime for a game guys! ChronoTJM :D

lol,I just dont think Gears is special anymore,I never thought it was special,maybe because i played GRAW,Eh i guess i have high expectations or not easly amused

@JO21 I havnt played R2 or GeOW mp?

Garnett said:

lol,I just dont think Gears is special anymore,I never thought it was special,maybe because i played GRAW,Eh i guess i have high expectations or not easly amused

@JO21 I havnt played R2 or GeOW mp?

If you aren't amused by a gun that can let you tag someone, take cover, spray like your life depended on it, and watch all of your bullets wrap around whatever your hiding behind to seek in on whatever you tagged, then my friend there must be something we can do :3

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.