By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Best selling game of 2008 in the US is out!

i was expecting to see GTA4 stuff here.

Around the Network

Is it too soon to start the Alliance vs Horde flamewar?

Horde is better of course!

FishyJoe said:
Is it too soon to start the Alliance vs Horde flamewar?

Horde is better of course!

Seriously the Alliance is a bunch of jerks.

Of course I only ever played Warcraft 3 and its expansion so eh.

Hippysnake said:
Bodhesatva said:
Hippysnake said:
Well, I'm not sure in what context your post prior to the one above was in, but I assumed it had something to do with the negligible difference between me playing videogames for a few hours a week and some internet nerd who spends 70+ hours a week on WOW with a throbbingly painful erection.

So, Mr. Mr.

What do I not get?

The dichotomy you are putting together is a false one.

It is not a split between nerds who play 70 hours a week and reasonable people who simply like to chill out with games for a while. These are cartoonish portrayals of different gaming demographics.

And it's also amusing to see a "hardcore" gamer mock WoW players for essentially being too hardcore. You do realize that the casual Wii players you have mocked could instantly turn around on you and say you play games way too much and are a game nerd, correct? Because that's exactly the accusation you've just leveled at WoW players.

Wii: This is for casuals! Hardcore gamers need more games than this!
WoW: People play this too much! They get too invested in this game!

Apparently, the PS3/360 are perfect, and people who prefer games with less time commitment and investment are stupid or childish casuals, while people who prefer games with even greater investment are nerds and geeks. It reminds me of some drivers who believe anyone who drives faster than them is a reckless maniac, while anyone who drives more slowly is a grandma who should get out of his way.

You've lost perspective and objectivity. You are a gamer nerd, and so am I.

I R A GAMRE NERD!? NO WAI!?

I play videogames at most for about 3 hours a week, if that's your idea of gamer nerd, then so be it. I'm a gamer nerd. What's really sad though, is 28 year old men spending the vast majority of their free time on this piece of crap. Social experience!? Hah! A social experience is going out on a Saturday night, getting drunk and waking up the next morning with a pair of 32DDs in your face. This is just a sad waste of time.

I have a Wii. I enjoy playing it. I have no problem with casual gaming. In fact, my time spent gaming has whittled away to at most, playing Warioware smooth moves with a couple of my mates (real mates, not fucking Wiiconnectgay27 crap) some Friday nights.

God knows where you got the idea I was a hardcore gamer. I've neglected to even so much as turn my Playstation 3 on since I completed MGS4 back in June, and the Wii, well, what more can i say?

It's amazing y'know? The human mind. You can actually trick yourself into believing this dude on teh int3rweb called hippesn4ke plays videogames like 28 hours a day, 9 days a week. But in reality he doesn't. Only obsessed, compulsive, extremely, EXTREMELY sad players, like those who play WOW, or Runescape, or something equally as s**t do.

Too bad you don't realize there are far fewer of these socially inept people than you think. And they aren't just limited to WOW, Eve, or Runescape either.

Also, what's so great about getting drunk? Puking your guts out the next morning does not sound like fun to me. Also, gamers get chicks. Did you forget girls play them too?

In my day when you saw a Tauren coming at you it meant he was going to hit you in the face with a tree. None of this sissy hippie crap they have nowadays.

Around the Network
Bodhesatva said:
Hippysnake said:
This thread is made of GEEK and TOTALFAIL.

I love when videogamers call other videogamers "geeks." It's like Sci Fi fanatics calling Dungeons and Dragons fanatics "nerds," or 10 year olds telling 9 year olds to "grow up."

I especially love when this happens on Slashdot (which it does everytime D&D comes up) considering the site is subtitled "news for nerds".

Hippysnake said:

Social experience!? Hah! A social experience is going out on a Saturday night, getting drunk and waking up the next morning with a pair of 32DDs in your face. This is just a sad waste of time.

Am I the only one who read this and couldn't help but notice how macho and dreamy this guy is? In a good way of course, I mean, what guy doesn't want to wake up every Saturday with a new pair of 32DD's in their faces!

Actually the first thing I thought when I read it was "America... fuck, yeah!". Drop the condescending attitude, uh, dude.

Apologies for being so off-topic.

@FishyJoe: Horde FTW!

Bodhesatva said:
Hippysnake said:
This thread is made of GEEK and TOTALFAIL.

I love when videogamers call other videogamers "geeks." It's like Sci Fi fanatics calling Dungeons and Dragons fanatics "nerds," or 10 year olds telling 9 year olds to "grow up."

I was thinking the same thing. I just don't bother discriminating others on such bases....

4 ≈ One

This game is going to sell like gangbusters no doubt. It won't be able to sell more than Mario Kart Wii though. Mainly because it gets a shit ton of subscribers from asian markets that don't follow the same model as the US/European markets. No doubt it will be huge, andone of the best selling games of the year. I don't think it will top 10 million though which is the area that Mario Kart Wii is in right now.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

This thread reminds me of barrens chat.