By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - David jaffe leaves sony,but GOW stays

The recent leave of the developer of the god of war series and calling all cars series has left sony. But what of the games he created are they leaving with him? Are they coming out on the wii and 360? The answer is a complete straight out..sorry read the aticle in the link hehehe

http://ps3.qj.net/David-Jaffe-talks-about-leaving-Sony-future-games/pg/49/aid/98709

mM
Around the Network

He is starting his own company but he is basically a Sony 2nd party now like Insomniac and Naughty Dog are.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Yea he didn't really "leave Sony" so to speak.

DKII said:
Yea he didn't really "leave Sony" so to speak.

He basicly left the company. He no longer works as a sony employee.

mM

^That matters to him, but is negligable to the consumer as his games will still only come out for Sony consoles.

Around the Network

Probably better in the long run. The second parties churn out some of the best games. Although I have heard, at least from David Jaffe himself, that Sony offers a pretty good working environment for its employees. But I would put this in the neither good nor bad news category.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

He was a first party employee and now he is a second party with more creative freedom .I think it is good news .And as for God of War the IP belongs to SOny ,in fact God of War 2 was made by Cory Barlog not by Jaffe ,and God of War Chains of Olympus for the PSP is made by Ready at Dawn not by Jaffe ,so that IP stays with Sony .

No surprise there.  Anything you develop while getting a paycheck from a company belongs to the company.

This signature was intentionally left blank

leo-j said:

The recent leave of the developer of the god of war series and calling all cars series has left sony.But what of the games he created are they leaving with him? Are they coming out on the wii and 360? The answer is a complete straight out..sorry read the aticle in the link hehehe

http://ps3.qj.net/David-Jaffe-talks-about-leaving-Sony-future-games/pg/49/aid/98709

I don't think anybody was seriously expecting first party franchises to jump ship because of a single person leaving the company. That's not how things work.

Parokki said:
leo-j said:

The recent leave of the developer of the god of war series and calling all cars series has left sony.But what of the games he created are they leaving with him? Are they coming out on the wii and 360? The answer is a complete straight out..sorry read the aticle in the link hehehe

I don't think anybody was seriously expecting first party franchises to jump ship because of a single person leaving the company. That's not how things work.

Its to make drama hehehe

mM