By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Official October NPD Thread (Data at 6:30 PM EST ~3.5 hours)

Zucas said:

And remember guys NPD data is a guideline not the law. Meaning don't scream ADJUSTMENTS every 5 secs when the data comes in because trust me... everyone else can see discrepancies and we don't need you to point them out.

I think we should allow VGC a 10% Margin of Error against NPD, after the Canadian/Mexican (8-12%) are factored in.

*if* the X360 beats the PS3 2:1, I think VGC should re-adjust though....At least slightly.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

Btw PSRock: 400k for the X360 and 200k for the PS3 would indeed be epic if it was NA-only.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

mrstickball said:
Zucas said:

And remember guys NPD data is a guideline not the law. Meaning don't scream ADJUSTMENTS every 5 secs when the data comes in because trust me... everyone else can see discrepancies and we don't need you to point them out.

I think we should allow VGC a 10% Margin of Error against NPD, after the Canadian/Mexican (8-12%) are factored in.

*if* the X360 beats the PS3 2:1, I think VGC should re-adjust though....At least slightly.

Just like the other times, huh.

I really believe the 360 is selling well, it got the brand name the PLAYSTATION used to have in America.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
mrstickball said:
Zucas said:

I'd only go along with that if we adjust MK Wii sales in America considering NPD and Ninty shipments have said we are undertracking it haha.  Is that a compromise haha.

Wasn't asleep...went to some mall in my epic search for good Mexican food in London.

Odds are Microsoft is exaggerating the "2:1" Claim; it is probably more like 5:3 which isnt as sexy to brag about.

850k/600k/332k/220k/200k/136k or something is what I'd expect for Wii/DS/Xbox 360/PSP/PS3/PS2 in the USA

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

Around the Network
mrstickball said:
Zucas said:

Keep in mind that NPD does not adjust their numbers if they realize they undertracked for the previous month.

It is possible that they undertracked the 360 last month, when they had their price cut.  If they realize this, they would just add the number to this month, skewing the sales.  I expected the 360 would have had a larger sales boost last month, so that might be a reason for increased numbers this month.

Can I save everyone the trouble and say Wii/360 overtracked, PS3 undertracked and get that out of the way? And Canada is part of the USA right?

thanks fishy, saved me a post

PS: that depends, is that in North America? (Sarah palin joke)

FishyJoe said:

Can I save everyone the trouble and say Wii/360 overtracked, PS3 undertracked and get that out of the way? And Canada is part of the USA right?

Considering VGC's track record with NPD, I'd say that that's not out of the question.

But the more pressing matters are to see what LBP Falbe 2 and Wii Music did in America this month.

Nov 13 (Reuters) - Nintendo Co Ltd: * Nintendo co ltd's Reggie fils-aime, President and COO of Nintendo of America, says wii hardware had a "monster month" of sales in October .

http://www.cnbc.com/id/27702215

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.