By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Gorgeous new Kingdom Under Fire: Dominion Screens

Now, not everyone was a fan of Circle of Doom (I thought it was ok to good, but would of been much better with local co-op support). However, that game was a massive change from the original formula of KUF, and what made it so awesome.

KUF is like Dynasty Warriors on crack cocaine. It's a hack & slash, but adds very heavy RPG elements, class upgrades, and a heavy dose of RTS awesomeness - You control multiple armies RTS-style, but lead your own army into battle, attacking thousands of enemies at once.

If the screens tell half the story, then the game is going to be insane. It should be a 2009 game for those wondering:

Love this pic:

I wonder how many people are onscreen for this one (and yes, it can be done...There were almost this many units in battle on the old Xbox versions):

All in all, aside from the blurriness, the pictures look awesome. I am certainly looking forward to this game. The Kingdom Under Fire series is one of the true gems on the X360, and is a must-play for any RTS fan.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

And a gameplay trailer - the game looks great in motion :)

i thought the rts ones were really hard

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

I posted this in the other thread but got no answer:

Is this game also coming to the PS3?

The official site offers no clues : "The new version of Kingdom Under Fire is aiming for 2009 release and will be available worldwide on both PC and console platforms."

Just GT listing it on the PS3 confused me.

Looks good by the way. Not sure about the dragon riding sequence though.

Wow, it really really really looks good!

Give yourself 5 minutes Stickball and pat yourself on the back.

Tease.

Around the Network

IGN, who seems to be working quite closely with the devs (they had a Q&A session), lists this game as PC/360/PS3.
This together with the very liberal wording are hints at it comming to all HD plattforms in my opinion.

Anyway, if the devs can integrate everything they are planing and manage to make the game fun, then it's a very nice addition to every plattforms line-up.

Dallinor said:

I posted this in the other thread but got no answer:

Is this game also coming to the PS3?

The official site offers no clues : "The new version of Kingdom Under Fire is aiming for 2009 release and will be available worldwide on both PC and console platforms."

Just GT listing it on the PS3 confused me.

Looks good by the way. Not sure about the dragon riding sequence though.

I've seen that before. I am unsure weather to make heads or tales of the idea that it'll come to the Playstation 3 - Every other game in the series (at least 3 of the 4) were on the Xbox or 360, and never the Playstation.

Glad to see a true sequel to KUF. The spin off was disappointing. I know my roommate will be stoked about this game. Hopefully he'll buy it and save me the $60 :D

The IGN classification philosophy is nothing less then atrocious. Until a developer commits to a specific platform in words they will list the game for all platforms that could possibly accommodate said title. Further more they will ignore any precedents as to placement.

Given that this series has typically been console exclusive to Microsoft's consoles it is obviously a safe conclusion that this title will also be on their platform. Actually the odds of it appearing on the PS3 are very remote indeed. I see no listing for the developer ever having made a game for the Playstation family of consoles. I wouldn't wager on this title coming to the PS3 even were you to give me a thousand to one odds.

That stuff looks pretty cool. I bought the first one the day it came out. That game raped me.