By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best upcoming 1st party lineup?

twisted metal should be replaced by uncharted 2 and ratchet and clank future 2(both confirmed)

Around the Network

You should only count 09 releases. PS3 already had the best first party line up in 06 half of the game on the list now were announced then.

I'm quite surprised you of all people made this thread trestres, considering how the wii clearly has the weakest out of the 3.

I'd say for now PS3, but it seems like Microsoft is following Nintendo's example of not overhyping games they have no intention to release in the near future *cough* Final Fantasy 13 *cough* screw you S-E *cough*

trestres, you have changed...i like it...

axumblade said:
tabsina said:
makingmusic476 said:

Uncharted 2 and Ratchet & Clank Future 2 are a lock for the ps3 for the end of next year. Both have been unofficially announced with '09 release dates, and both Insomniac and Naughty Dog pump out games like clockwork, so it's not like they'll get delayed.

there is no restriction on time for it to be released.. so thats why I think the OP asked for games that were officially announced.. rather than any game, otherwise i'd ask him to put the next zelda and galaxy game, since miyamoto has implied making both currently

Would that count Jak and Daxter: The Last Frontier as well then? The title was copywritten earlier this year I think.

trestres said:
I have to say that the PS3 one looks to be the most diverse and overall better one. 360 one comes in a close second.

As for now, Wii is 3rd. Could change though in the future.

I think this is the least pro-Nintendo statement I've seen you make. :p
But anyways, you know how Nintendo works. They'll randomly out of the blue say "hey. this game is coming out in a month...just letting you know..."
And you forgot the new Pikmin. :)

The Last Frontier was copyrighted back in like May '06.  Who knows if Naughty Dog will ever decide to work on the title.

Hopefully we'll get something after Uncharted 2.

Around the Network
windbane said:
trestres, you have changed...i like it...

Yeah he is, and I don't like it who do I have to hate now?   Oh well their are always the mods :);

WKC and Halo Wars

close between PS3 and 360 but I'll go w/ the PS3 as it has more variety. Based on the list on the 1st page that is...

Persona4 = WIN

PSP fanboi

The PS3. Easily. No, not because I like it the most, but because of WKC, GoW 3, GT5, and KZ2. Those are sure buys from me. Out of 360 I want only Halo Chronicles and Ninja Blade, out of Wii I only want S&P 2.

trestres said:

Which company do you believe has the bes upcoming array of first party games?

PS3 has:

Killzone 2
InFamous
Heavy Rain
The Agency
White Knight Chronicles
Gran Turismo 5
God of War 3
MAG
Eyedentify
Twisted Metal PS3
EyePet

360 has:

Halo Wars
Lips
You're in the Movies
Halo 3: Recon
Alan Wake
Ninja Blade
Forza Motorsports 3
Ninety-Nine Nights 2
Halo: Chronicles

Wii has:

Punch-Out!
Sin & Punishment 2
Wii Sports: Resort
Endless Ocean 2
Trace Memory R

Am I missing anything? (I'm not counting most of the games announced at the Nintendo Japanese conference, since they look like Jap only games. Like I dont count Aquanauts Holiday or Afrika for the PS3)

You forgot :Banjo Tooie, South Park and Splinter Cell:Conviction. Looks like a pretty good list though. We will learn more expected games at E3 2009. Can't wait!

we all know Nintendo has a Zelda coming and that trumphs all