By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Shouldn`t it be less then 2 mln. of Gears 2 on VGChartz first week?

Rename this to the "Gears 2 tear bucket thread" and call it a day.....

Around the Network

I'm not sure what is funnier.. This thread or all the 360 fanboys getting upset because the thread made a valid point. Even if it's splitting hairs it is a valid question at least. The guy didn't even complain about it, he just asked why this game was charted differently. He never said it didn't sell well.. Calm down. It's a valid (albeit petty) question.

Also.. there is no way of knowing if it did 2.1 mil in the (Friday & Saturday slot) according to VG or not, until we get conformation.

If perferring the PS3 over the 360 makes me a fanboy.. I guess I am guilty..

List of 360 Games I would like to have: Alan Wake

List of PS3 Games I would like to have: LBP, FFXIII(if it ever comes), R2(maybe)

List of Wii Games I would like to have: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (It's not an exclusive but it would be awesome)

Tyrannical said:
markers said:
craighopkins said:
matt247 said:
It says "sales top 2 million" meaning that it's over 2 million sales

^^     End of Thread/

always some babies crying about Gears sales being too much.

"Aaaah, that explains. Trolling Gears because he is crying about LBP."

he isnt crying, nor trolling, over anything. he is pointing out a valid arguement

LBP will be HUGE!!! 10 million first year!

end of 2008 hardware prediciton...

Hmmmm, that in your signature suggests a few tears of your own.

appearently someone lost their humor when microsoft raped their childhood (lmao i couldnt resist saying that)

I'm laughing hard at the people defending this thread as "serious" and having "valid arguments".

^ I'm laughing hard at the fact that you can't see how the question could be valid.

List of PS3 Games I would like to have: LBP, FFXIII(if it ever comes), R2(maybe)

List of Wii Games I would like to have: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (It's not an exclusive but it would be awesome)

Around the Network
Suspense304 said:
^ I'm laughing hard at the fact that you can't see how the question could be valid.

The question COULD, but it is not. You honestly think it is?

"VGCHARTZ IS WRONG THIS DIDN'T SELL 2,1 MILLION IN THE FIRST TWO DAYS STOP LYING IT MAKES OTHER GAMES LOOK BAD" without leaving a single thought to the fact that it may well have sold 2,1 million in the first two days and then an additional 100k or so on the Sunday... Just like ioi pointed out in this very thread. Honestly, I can't believe how anyone who sided with Crazzyman in this thread didn't even stop for a second to think of this, very plausible, possibility.

^ Well I'm not arguing whether or not he is honest about the question.. I'm arguing that the question is valid

Suspense304 said:
^ Well I'm not arguing whether or not he is honest about the question.. I'm arguing that the question is valid

I never said that the question wasn't valid. I said the reasoning/arguments wasn't.

Or Actually I should say the question was valid.. ioi answered.. thread closed

Pretty sure it wasn't a question, as much as "I am 100% certain that Gears of War 2 only sold 2,1 million during Friday-Sunday because these guys say it topped 2 million in that time".

Either way, you gave an explanation about Gears 2-sales, so I don't see how it matters anymore.

EDIT: ACtually, that's more what it deteriorated into. From the beginning, the question was just if the sales on VGChartz for Gears 2 were from Friday+Saturday or all the way through Friday-Sunday.