By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Shouldn`t it be less then 2 mln. of Gears 2 on VGChartz first week?

psrock said:
CrazzyMan said:
psrock said:
why crazzy? why do this thread?

It`s just strange, that LBP sales before official release date in NA, Saturday? (Broken Street Date for LBP) considered as week ONE for LBP. While, for Gears 2 additional sales day is considered as First week.

Does it matter, the game still sold 2 million copies.

Well, when 1st LBP week sales on VGChartz and 2nd week sales on VGChartz will be considered as 1st week LBP sales in NA, then it won`t matter. But for now, it`s kinda unfair, that 1 day is added for Gears 2, while for LBP 1 day is considered as 1 week sales.

CaptDS9E, if it would be around 2.5 mln., then they would mention it, not 2 mln.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Around the Network

Oh yea and its shipped numbers, oh wait nvm, it cant be

mM

"CaptDS9E, if it would be around 2.5 mln., then they would mention it, not 2 mil"

Does it really matter then in your day to day life if its off 100,000 or so. Seriously

CaptDS9E said:
"CaptDS9E, if it would be around 2.5 mln., then they would mention it, not 2 mil"

Does it really matter then in your day to day life if its off 100,000 or so. Seriously

Sadly, it probably does.

WWHHHHAAATTTT???!!!!!!

4 ≈ One

Around the Network

whats the difference anyway. it sold somewhere around the 2 mil mark.

NO he's right. MS is suggesting 2 million in 3 days while we have it at 2.1 million in 2 days. I'd say there is an inherent issue with that haha.

matt247 said:
It says "sales top 2 million" meaning that it's over 2 million sales

^^     End of Thread/

always some babies crying about Gears sales being too much.

According to Microsoft, Gears of War 2 had 1.5 million users on XBL play said game, over the weekend.

XBL's penetration rate is roughly 60% of the entire Xbox 360 userbase. If that is indeed true, you can use a simple formula to get near-actuals:

1.5 / 0.6 = 2.5 million units sold by the end of Sunday

So that'd put Gears at 2.5 by the end of Sunday - certainly more than enough leeway for what VGC has Gears at (2.1m).

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

I *think* what Crazzy wants is to stagger the sales, as the cutoff is on Saturdays(is this correct?), since sales of other games are also counted only on and before the cutoff.

I think it's petty, really. It'll only take out a small amount of Gears 2 sales on week 1. But I guess Crazzy is appealing to the rules and practices of the sampling methodology.

Hope someone can clear this up.

Proud member of the Sonic Support Squad.