By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Here's why PS3 is still pwning the 360 this year (HD Console war):

Garnett said:
Party Monster said:
Garnett said:
Party Monster said:
Garnett said:
Party Monster said:
Garnett said:
Party Monster said:
RolStoppable said:
Your logic is flawed. If the 360 is twice as good of a product and half the price, it should sell quadruple of what the PS3 sells.

You would think that, or AT LEAST double- not 15-20%. Don't forget the MILLIONS they are dumping on marketing this year. This is huge for both companies but for the box if they don't pull that million unit gap after all that- see ya.

Umm,Dude the 360 has a 5 million gap on PS3,your million gap is wrong.

Um dude PS3 has outsold 360 by a million this year bro.

Yea,and 360 has outsold PS3 by 5 million cuhz.

Oh cuz for the first year PS3 didn't even exist? We're talking about 2008 here not 2005 bro.

So,it STILL counts,you act like 360 is gonna stop selling,its stragedy for a console to get a headstart,ya know kinda like PS2 did last gen.

360 aint no PS2. Wii is.

What does that have to do with anything,fine is Wii is PS2,then Xbox 360 is the xbox  and PS3 is the Gamecube.

If PS3 was truely "pwning" the 360 then it would be outselling it week to week,and dont say 400$ vs 200$ console cause you PS3 fanfiends always say "PS3 is a better deal"amirite?

$200 vs $400 you can't pretend that PS3 costing DOUBLE 360 makes no difference. Only if you live in LAla land. Bottom line is at DOUBLE the price of 360, PS3 is still ahead of 360 for 2008 by a MILLION! :D

Around the Network
RSEagle said:
So the 360 is half the price of the PS3. My question is: So? Since when have the console wars centered around the price of the consoles as opposed to the sales? At least present a good argument if you're going to make claims like this.

Yes,exactly,people always throw the 400$ vs 200$ Console around,well is that different from PS3 have a better Disc Format?

Garnett said:
RSEagle said:
So the 360 is half the price of the PS3. My question is: So? Since when have the console wars centered around the price of the consoles as opposed to the sales? At least present a good argument if you're going to make claims like this.

Yes,exactly,people always throw the 400$ vs 200$ Console around,well is that different from PS3 have a better Disc Format?

Right. When the console war first started and Wii began owning everyone I can't recall anyone saying: "Oh well look at the price of the Wii it's way cheaper, so it doesn't count and my console is still doing really good LOL"

Cold, hard figures are all that matters. That is how you quantify the consoles and can therefore make conclusions. How that system got those numbers is irrelevant in regards to which system comes out on top.

I'm a filmmaker, writer, and gamer. Add me on Xbox Live or message me!

XBL Gamertag: StraitupBeastin

what happened to the threads where ps3 fanboys would do something like this

360 - $400
xbox live 3 years - $150
wi-fi - $100
360 = $650

PS3 - $600

PS3 = cheaper than 360

i know i can't do it like they used to but you get the idea.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

johnsobas said:

360 - $400
xbox live 3 years - $150
wi-fi - $100
360 = $650

PS3 - $600

PS3 = cheaper than 360

360 offers alot of less in  hardware but also its more cheaper and unreliable.

if you add the accesories to the 360 it could get more expensive than the ps3.

still 199$ is now and they are not selling double ps3 is.

Eagle: 360 it's cheaper than the wii hell you can get one with 3 games for the price of the Dsi.

and u don't see outselling them either.

Around the Network
johnsobas said:

360 - $400
xbox live 3 years - $150
wi-fi - $100
360 = $650

PS3 - $600

PS3 = cheaper than 360

Cold hard numbers say PS3 outsells 360 this year, then the Xbox fanboys say things like: "in 2005 before PS3 existed 360 was doing really well glivin!" Let's talk about the real numbers. The reality is 360 in 2008 outsold by PS3. You want to ignore the fact that PS3 costs twice as much as 360 fine. Doesn't change a thing.

RSEagle said:
Garnett said:
RSEagle said:

Right. When the console war first started and Wii began owning everyone I can't recall anyone saying: "Oh well look at the price of the Wii it's way cheaper, so it doesn't count and my console is still doing really good LOL"

Cold, hard figures are all that matters. That is how you quantify the consoles and can therefore make conclusions. How that system got those numbers is irrelevant in regards to which system comes out on top.

EXACTLY!!!! I mean good god people love to make there console win,even if ignoring cold hard facts!

@johnobas-They realised that PS3 dosent include a headset so they stoped doing them,and 360 is 200$ so it would be silly

Also i dont want anyone to think i HATE the PS3,Cause i like it and ill buy one eventually,but im sure no one likes other people putting down there console.

Party Monster said:
johnsobas said:

360 - $400
xbox live 3 years - $150
wi-fi - $100
360 = $650

PS3 - $600

PS3 = cheaper than 360

Cold hard numbers say PS3 outsells 360 this year, then the Xbox fanboys say things like: "in 2005 before PS3 existed 360 was doing really well glivin!" Let's talk about the real numbers. The reality is 360 in 2008 outsold by PS3. You want to ignore the fact that PS3 costs twice as much as 360 fine. Doesn't change a thing.

You're ignoring facts that 360 has outsold ps3 for 10 weeks in a row and that it has a 5.8 million lead to boot. 

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Party Monster said:
First we're not talking about the distant past. So whoever wants to talk about last gen or PS2 whatever. So the cheapest model of the 360 is $200. And the cheapest PS3? $400. 360 is half the price of PS3. Shouldn't it sell twice as much? I mean many believe that it's also twice as good a product. So if it's twice as good a product and half the price shouldn't it be selling double what PS3 sells? If PS3 outsells the 360 for 2008 after 360 being cheaper all year and even half the price- the HD console war is over and 360 is finished. If 360 catches up then PS3 will be finished mostly. The thing is all the doom and gloom talk for PS3 is exaggerated. PS3 is selling extremely well against an Xbox 360 that is only $50 away from a PS2 price tag. This is a discussion on the HD console war.

This is a post by the ignorant. First, I am not sure how you could posit that many believe it is twice as good a product. You fabricated that information. Second, it should not sell twice as much. Despite the 360 being similar to the PS3 and being a substitute, they are different products. I do not have the numbers with me, but I worked out the cross price elasticity of demand for the PS3 and the 360, and the number was not as great as I had suspected. Meaning, an increase/decrease in price for the other product did not greatly affect the sales of the other product-at least, not as much as I and many others would have suspected. 

johnsobas said:
Party Monster said:
johnsobas said:

360 - $400
xbox live 3 years - $150
wi-fi - $100
360 = $650

PS3 - $600

PS3 = cheaper than 360

You're ignoring facts that 360 has outsold ps3 for 10 weeks in a row and that it has a 5.8 million lead to boot. 

I'm not ignoring that fact I'm pointing out that it should be outselling the PS3 by a lot more then it is. Point being that with sales that way Sony won't need to pricecut.