By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Walmart breaking street date with Animal Crossing

I wonder how they can do this. When I bought MGS4, the guy behind the counter said that their computer wouldn't let them scan the Console/Game before midnight. He must've been yanking my crank!

Around the Network

OMG!!!! it's gonna be week 0 all over again .... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

-.-

Maynard_Tool said:
OMG!!!! it's gonna be week 0 all over again .... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

-.-

Don't you Dare speak of that week again..

I mean it's in almost every F'en post....

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

wfz said:
Does Walmart ever get in trouble for doing this? It seems they don't have enough incentive to crack down on this sort of thing, or they'd have done it already.

there is a 10,000 fine per store caught releasing titles pre street however walmart gains much money from releasing early so they gladly pay the fine. Most the time its 10 stores caught, and considering how many presale copies the sale from releasing early they don't mind.

CURRENTLY PLAYING:  Warframe, Witcher 2

^ Sorry....but, just to think the sales of the game are gonna be affected, and the first week is not going to actually reflect the real sells of the first week, because the date it's going to be broken....so the second week should actually be the first.... but combined with the first week, which actually is the zero....or...is it the other way around??? Im so confused ='( please wal-mart...DONT do it!!! Dont bring more pain to this site....

o0o0o0o0o0o0h the huge manatee http://www.nytimes.com/images/blogs/laughlines/thehugemanatee.jpg .....

I mean...the humanity )= http://artfiles.art.com/images/-/Karen-Watts/My-Despair-Poster-C12180059.jpeg

Around the Network
soulsamurai said:
wfz said:
Does Walmart ever get in trouble for doing this? It seems they don't have enough incentive to crack down on this sort of thing, or they'd have done it already.

there is a 10,000 fine per store caught releasing titles pre street however walmart gains much money from releasing early so they gladly pay the fine. Most the time its 10 stores caught, and considering how many presale copies the sale from releasing early they don't mind.

I'm not certain, but a voice in the back of my head is telling me that's completely false.

soulsamurai said:
wfz said:

Wal*Mart does not get fined for early released games.

being the largest corporation in the world has it's perks.

Do you want to be the person on the phone telling them:

You: "OK you sold 3 copies early, that will be $30,000."

WM: "Thats fine, & we would just like to point out that we will not be carrying any other game from your company... Ever."

You: "touché"

Remember, Wal*Mart is the main reason why PC games are starting to be sold in smaller boxes. The PC sectio was taking up space in some isles, Wal*Mart didn't ask they told companies to change the boxes or they will stop selling PC games, and look we now have smaller boxes.

I think Wal*Mart is owned by Chuck Norris.

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

Honestly, who cares if Wal-Mart does stop selling any said company's console games? Do you honestly think there will be a drop off in sales? Honestly? There are enough independant and stand-alone game retailers out there..IMO, it would be a much larger hit to Wal-Mart than anyone else.

I'm not saying Wal-Mart doesn't make up a lot of the sales..but if they don't sell it anymore, people aren't just going to stop buying it. Let's be realistic here...the gaming industry is growing every year..Wal-Mart would lose tons of stock if they decided to stop selling video games.

^ i THINK, i read somewhere that wal-mart accounts for a good percentage of games sold in the US. But, again, probably im going crazy

Phrancheyez said:
soulsamurai said:
wfz said:

I'm not certain, but a voice in the back of my head is telling me that's completely false.

it's not 10,000 per copy its 10,000 per store. I remember our blockbuster store got fined 10,000 for halo 3.....Alex got fired for it.

CURRENTLY PLAYING:  Warframe, Witcher 2