darthdevidem01 said:
Pristine20 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Pristine20 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@leo-j

for me this gen is better

as I choose PS3 not a gamecube liek console as my first console ina gen

I got the PS2 in 06.....so last gen for me was crap!

Are you serious? The only excellent game I've played this gen is mgs4 in my opinion.

I had a gamecube for all of last gen.....n got a PS2 like 9 months before buying a PS3

what do you expect me to think...

I knew there was something fishy about that comment. The GC really got shafted last gen no wonder you're really happy with this gen.

I mean I had NO third party games (decent ones anyway)

First Party only 3 I had of which 2 were HUGe disappointments (pokemon colossuem & Super Mario Sunshine)

SSBM RULED THO!

No wonder you disliked the Cube last gen if you only had 3 first-party titles!... (Of which you disliked two). There are more then 30+ really excellent Cube titles out there! And if I look at your above post you didn't even attempt to get only a fraction of those! So why are you complaining?!... In my opinion, the Cube had enough awesome games to keep you at least partially happy! Only the lack of 3rd-party games really sucked!... I gotta give that to you!

But well; here's some awesome Cube titles that you apparantly missed: Resident evil 4, F-Zero GX, Killer 7, Beyond Good and Evil, Viewtiful Joe 1/2, Pikmin 1/2, Star Wars: Rogue Squadron II/III, Geist, The Windwaker, Mario Kart: Double Dash, Metroid Prime 1/2, Soul Calibur 2, Second Sight, Star Fox Adventures, Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes, Ikaruga, Paper Mario: TTYD, Timesplitters 2 and Future Perfect. And last, but not least: Eternal Darkness!

Although it's a plain fact that the overall games published on PS2 are more diverse! (and possibly, overall better?!)... But I just found it odd that you disliked last gen whilst you only had a tiny fraction of the awesome games that were available for the Cube!

THE NETHERLANDS

Around the Network
leo-j said:
Its because it was the best console last gen, and everyone loved it, gaming was perfect last gen, tons of RPG's released, tons of platformers, tons of shooters, and what not, but that all ended because sony decided to release a behemoth $599 console.

Im sure if the ps3 was $399 or $299 at launch(like the ps2) this gen would be similar in terms of gaming

Not exactly similar. 360 still had the headstart...and 360 would have still stole multiplats. There won't be another PS2 type domination anymore, Nintendo and MS learned how to bang sony up the ass, and they've lost over half their marketshare because of it.

---

Pristine20 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@leo-j

for me this gen is better

as I choose PS3 not a gamecube liek console as my first console ina gen

I got the PS2 in 06.....so last gen for me was crap!

Are you serious? The only excellent game I've played this gen is mgs4 in my opinion.

Probably because you only own a PS3. There are more excellent games aside from MGS4.

---

RolStoppable said:
Pristine20 said:
afi77 said:
The Gamecube wasn't as bad as you make it sound. It had pretty good versions of all of Nintendo's staples plus some of Capcom's best games in years. It was really hurting for JRPGs though, which is what made me get a PS2 as a side console.

For those who weren't fans of nintendo's staples, there was ABSOLUTELY NOTHING  on GC. The only thng that stood out was RE4 and that eventually made it's way to the mighty ps2.

Resident Evil was better and stayed exclusive. Well, until it's released next month for the Wii in Japan. Resident Evil Zero was pretty good too. Eternal Darkness as well. The two Baten Kaitos games. Tales of Symphonia (okay, that one had a PS2 version in Japan). Rogue Squadron II and III.

But yes, the Gamecube sucked if you didn't buy any games for it.

7 games wow. A hardcore gamer blows through a game in a matter of days but at worst a couple of weeks, so would need to buy a game every 2 weeks. 5 years X 12 months X 2 = 120 EFFING games would count as tolerable for 240 weeks. 7 games would last about 3 months if that.

DOATS1 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Explain that strength to me when PS3 surpasses the 360. :)

the ps3 doesn't need to be in front of the 360 in sales to be a stronger brand. nintendo has always been stronger than sony too. even in the ps and ps2 days, that's why they had the strength to comeback with the wii. the simple fact that the ps3 is double the price of the 360 and can still compete with it says it all. plus, i said the PS brand, not the ps3. people are still buying ps2's and psp's.

LOL What are you talking about? Of course PS3 needs to be infront to be the stronger brand. Of course Japanese cars are the dominant brands in america selling 5 cars for every 2 american cars. Nintendo wasn't stronger than Sony during the PS1 era, besides format money was an issue and Sony had more of it. They threw their corporate weight around. The reason the Wii gave power back to Nintendo was because Nintendo stayed true to themselves and brought something new to the gaming world whether it existed elsewhere. Thats the Nintendo way, which is why they nearly always stood alone since Sony and Microsoft got into the market. Sony and Microsoft follow the same road an improve upon it graphics-wise and Nintendo changes playability to put gamers more in the virtual drivers seat. People may be buying PS2's and PSP's but Sony will soon cut the chord on the PS2. When they do, Microsoft will be there to widen the widening wound in Sony.

Around the Network

Wow, amazing! I was a GameCube only user and now have a PS3/Wii, though I mainly play my PS3. Have not played the Wii in ages.

Proud member of the Sonic Support Squad

PSN ID: smj1860