By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EGM September Issue Review Scores- Lair and Blue Dragon Disappoint

lair: 6.0, 5.5, 5.0
mario strikers charged: 7.5, 7.5, 7.5
all pro football: 6.5, 6.5, 7.0
ncaa football 2008: 8.5, 9.0, 8.5
stuntman ignition: 7.5, 7.5, 7.0
dynasty warriors gundam: 6.5, 5.5, 5.0
nascar 08: 6.5, 6.5, 6.5
blue dragon: 6.5, 7.5, 6.5
persona 3: 8.5, 9.5, 9.5
guitar hero rocks the 80s: 7.5, 6.0, 6.0
jeanne d'arc: 8.0, 7.0, 8.0
picross ds: 8.5, 8.0, 8.0
brain age 2: 8.0, 7.0, 6.0
heroes of mana: 7.5, 5.5, 6.0
luminous arc: 5.5, 6.0, 6.0

Game of the month: Persona 3 on PS2
Hand held game of the month: Picross DS

Definitely disappointing scores for Lair and Blue Dragon, good scores for Jeanne D'Arc which I am interested in, decent scores for Mario Strikers and great scores for Persona 3.

Now it's gonna be interesting to see how BD and Lair do on other reviews. EGM is usually the harshest review magazine of the big ones in the US.

For clarification, these are the EGM and 1up score scales:

9-10  is excellent
7-8.5 is good
5-6.5
is average
3-4.5
is bad
0-2.5
is terrible

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network

I don't even have anything to say.

Lame.

Wow....I am amazed lair was given a 5.5.....Thats unbelievable..did they just play the first level or what?

mM

I am amazed gundam got a 5.5 that demo was awsome..

mM

Wow, I am really shocked how low Blue dragon got having had a good time on the demo but lair, I don't know, it looks good but apparently it isn't :(

Around the Network

Wow.... brutal. No leo-j, EGM is very thorough. I mean obviously you can't assume you will agree with every review out there but 3 different reviewers didn't like it at all. This is NOT a good sign. And Blue Dragon too... man that's a harsh week. Even Strikers seems a whole point lower than I would have expected.

And the only game on that list I'll buy without it being marked down got a 9 average! Woo.

Also, hopefully Lair is fun. I do get so bored about being oversold on PS3 games only to have them be just good.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

Don't fret, Lair is average! AVERAG-E-E-E-E-E-E-E-E-E-E-E-E-E-E-E-E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Average is pretty good!!!!

5.5 for lair? Not boding well.

Also disappointing to me is heroes of mana, I loved secret of mana but the series doesnt seem to have done well on the DS.

I mean, even I, who dislikes game reviews in general, understand that when you get down the scores in the "5" range you are looking at bad no matter who plays it. Lair was the lowest rated game of the month. o_O