Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best console games every made

1) The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

2) Final Fantasy VII

3) Super Mario World: Yoshi´s Island

Around the Network

hard to do .... :

Final Fantasy VII / Metal Gear Solid / Gran Turismo
(all in the Psx version, not PS2 so)

(special mention for the Silent Hill serie)

(On AMIGA :

Another World / Populous / Agony)

Time to Work !

NES: Faxanadu, Zelda II, Kid Icarus

SNES: Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana, Zelda

PS1: FFVII, MGS, RE2

N64: Goldeneye, Zelda, Mario Kart

Since then nothing

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Best 3 games of all time eh?

1. Checkmate, Bally Astrocade - Not a chess game. It's not the most graphic dependent game ever infact it's graphics consist of 3 things. > X and a square. Still I've yet to find a game i've been able to put more hours into.

2. Tactics Ogre: Let us Cling Together. The first game I was willing to play imported. Even better once a translated version made it to the USA. Still the best strategy RPG i've ever played. There is a reason why Square ripped it off so badly in both gameplay elements and story when they made the original FF Tactics. (Well two reasons since a large part of the development team was involved in FF Tactics.)

3. Tecmo Superbowl. The best sports game ever made. I wish someone would make an updated version of this with franchise modes and all the off season extras Madden gets because Madden gets old. Well except when playing people who use the exploits that let them tackle you on anything that's not a shotgun play and people who know exactly what play you are running because they've memorized all the formations.

I wouldn't make fun of people calling Wii Sports one of the best games ever either. It's a bit of an exageration but it's the most fun i've had with a game this generation so far and i've had my chances to play on all 3 systems.

Best 3 for each system.

Balley Astrocade (Anyone remember this one?)

1. Checkmate
2. The Wizard - used to give me nightmares as a kid, because of the Wizards weird loud noises.
3. Gunfight - Still the best Gunfighting game ever.

Atari

1. Food Fight - who doesn't like the idea of hitting french chefs with handfuls of peas?

2. Desert Eagle - the music was out of this world, the sound was great on its own.

3. Mario Bros - Donkey Kong Jr was on the list, but Mr. Freeze and the gang win it for me in this one. This game still holds up as fun.

NES

1. Tecmo Superbowl - Reasons stated in the toher post.

2. Super Dodge Ball - There is a reason that this game cost like 3 times any game not River City Ransom or Final Fantasy at Gamestop.

3. River City Ransom - Was almost perfect. Had a ridiculious amount of options. I still don't fully understand what some of the stuff does or which foods to get. You could either beat this game in one day or spend forever making your character rule. The only flaw this game had was the Password System. The thing was like 50 Letters.

Genesis

1. Shining Force - Great Strategy
2. Shining Force II - OK Strategy game.
3. Streets of Rage - Great beat em up.

SNES

1. FF6 - Still the best console for RPGS in my mind.
2. Chrono Trigger
3. Super Mario RPG

Playstation

1. Tactics Ogre Let us cling together- SNES port that is better then the SNES version because it's actually in english!

2. Front Mission 3 - have bought 2 copies. Both have broke on me for whatver reason.

3. Final Fantasy Tactics - Always looking for a good tactics game if you haven't noticed.

N64

1. Mario Kart 64 - Still play this with my friends.

2. Perfect Dark - Would be the best FPS i've ever played if it wasn't for the awkward dinopaw controls of the 64. (Yes i've played all the currently popular FPS)

3. Hybrid Heaven - Great movie storyline. Slow to start off with but once you learn a couple moves and are allowed to combo it rules.

Gamecube

1. Eternal Darkness - I hear a lot of flak about the graphics of my game, but whatever. The Sanity meter is a great trick though it doesn't fool you for a second. The only shame is that unless your intentionally trying you arn't going to be hit by an insanity moment. The story was great, I actually played through it all 4 ways one right after another.

2. Smash Brothers - Everyone knows why this one is fun I'd assume.

3. Future Tactics - Quirky mix of a tactics game and a FPS. Only got it originally because it was 10 bucks. Mostly up here because as far as I know it's one of a kind since the main character was really annoying. But I british robotic rabbit? Who could resist?

PS2

1. Disgaea - A really great long tactics game.

2. Trapt - ranked way higher then it should but it's the only game i've played like it. Innovation gets high points from me. I know there are other games like it out there but i haven't seen any that are for sale and in English. The story wasn't bad either as every bit player seemed to have a pretty decent Story.

3. Romance of the 3 Kingdoms 8 - Best of the Romance games in my opinion. Love the option of playing as an officer instead of a ruler.

Xbox

1. Gladius - Great Strategy RPG. Also out for PS2 and Cube but didn't break my list there.

2. Halo - Not so much because i liked to play it because it was fun to play with friends.

3. Street Fighter Anniversary Collection - Best fighting series ever.

Wii

1. Wii Sports - Kinda sad I have it 1. But it's a great game and Wii Sports 2 will likely be even better. Gets the nod because it's the first game that my dad will play since Pole Position for the Atari and the first video game i've ever seen my mom play. Boxing is just tiring and pointless, Baseball is kinda fun. Tennis is simplistic. Bowling however is the kind of game that I can see myself going back to once every couple weeks and it's nearly impossible to get me to go back to a game.

2. Trauma Center - great gamplay, even better on the Wii then the DS.

3. Elebits - Placeholder until likely Strikers or a Resident Evil game. These 3, Wii Play and Far Cry Vengence are the only games i've played on the wii so far and and this game is better then Far Cry vengence even from a FPS point of view. Far Cry Vengence is like the worst game i've ever played ever... and I've played Beyblade on the PS and "Portal Runner".

PS3

1. Marvel Ultimate Alliance - lots of fun with Co-Op. Like X-men legends but with characters I care about like Captain America and Thor.

2. Call of Duty 3 - second best WW2 FPS behind Castle Wolfenstein. I like the 360 Version better.

3. Madden - PS3 needs more games. I've got Madden and two games that are better on the 360 on this list.

XBox 360

1. Call of Duty 3 - reasons stated above

2. Marvel Ultimate Alliance - Better then the PS3 due to the character packs.

3. Ms Pacman - Ok, so i haven't played it on the 360 but it can't be worse then the Atari version. It may seem sad that an Atari game breaks my top 3 however as it stands if Ms Pacman was out for PS3 and Wii it'd take the 3 spot on both of those as well. This fact becomes even more sad when you realize miss Pacman didn't even crack my Atari list and didn't come close.

Around the Network

Perfect Dark (N64)

Melee (GC)

Pitfall (Atari)

NES: Super Mario 3
SNES: ActRaiser, Secret of Mana, Legend of the Mystical Ninja (My absolute favourite console - SMW up there too)
Genesis: Altered Beast & Golden Axe
Dreamcast: Grandia II & Soul Calibur
N64: SSB & Perfect Dark
Gamecube: SSB: Melee, Pikmin & Donkey Konga (REALLY fun to play while drunk with friends)
PS2: Katamari Damacy

To cash in my CC rewards points for $300 in Circuit City gift cards to purchase a 360 or not: That is the question.