By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - "PSP sells 2 million in France and 8 million games" - Gamekyo

alexis1970 said:
sony says 8 million PSP software in france

VGchartz says 5 million PSP software in total Europe + ( western & eastern ) and all the rest of the world

Ok, i know that it could be difference on traking data , but so big ?!

I hope vvchartz could explain

PS : if france sold 8 million game, it means, 40 millions in Europe + others, far from the 5 million of vgchartz...

Someone have the explenation ?

I dunno, perhaps there's something wrong with the database?

Isn't PSP's tie ratio 4-5 in the Americas? How can it be 0.33 or so in Europe?

Around the Network

can you plz read what Arcturus said?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:
VGC has 1.8 million on hardware so 200.000 on shelves seems ok

you think France makes up of about 16% of shipments on shelves around the world?

2M is not so big when you see that there are already 1M PS3 in france... Sony, a price drop for your psp will be welcome in europe ^^

Max King of the Wild said:
kirby007 said:

you think France makes up of about 16% of shipments on shelves around the world?

I'm gonna make it worse, if this isn't the latest data but say for example till 1 oct.

then there have been even more units on the shelves

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
kirby007 said:
kirby007 said:

I'm gonna make it worse, if this isn't the latest data but say for example till 1 oct.

you think 200 to (what do you think is more now about 250? 300?) 250/300k psp units are sitting on store shelves in france when france probablly makes up of 5 to less than 10% of ww sales.... It would take over a year to clear those out with frances weekly sales...

kirby007 said:
kirby007 said:

you think 200 to (what do you think is more now about 250? 300?) 250/300k psp units are sitting on store shelves in france when france probablly makes up of 5 to less than 10% of ww sales.... It would take over a year to clear those out with frances weekly sales...

if you put faith in VGC numbers yes

kirby007 said:
kirby007 said:

if you put faith in VGC numbers yes

You're saying that 16% of WW shipments are in france. When France only makes up of about 9% of European  numbers... Do you see the problem here?

Look... ioi only started putting up figures for software in Europe/Others in late 2007..... the majority of games relased before that have no data whatsoever, only the highest weekly regulars have old data (which mostly means DS games)

All software totals (not any specific game, but the total) in "others" are very low. The older a system is, and the fewer hit games it has then the bigger the discrepancy.
PSP is about the same age as the DS, but PSP is missing a lot more software because DS has had more titles up near the top of the charts.

So, PSP software total is poor, but no where near as poor as it gives here on VGC. I would argue the current total needs to be multiplied by about 6 to reach a ballpark figure (about 30 million software)

DS and X360 are also missing significant amounts of software for "others" DS is older than X360, but DS has it's high selling weekly regulars included so they likely even out. I think a multiplier of slightly over double would give ballpark figures for these two. (155 million for DS and 60 million for X360)

Wii and PS3 are the least affected by this as they are the newest systems, Wii has better weekly staples like Wii Play, but in Europe it is a few months older than the PS3, os again they probably even out. A multiplier of about 1.3-1.4 seems about right based on Nintendo's shipment report. (80 million for Wii, 45 million for PS3)

Oh, and I don't think France would have so much supply.... given it is Christmas there could be (likely given PSPs past shipment history) a slight overstuffing of the channels, but not to the tune of 200k.

Maximum would be more like 100k, 130 at a real push (like X360 Christmas 2006 push)