By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Famitsu: The Last Remnant Scores 38/40, upto 80 hours long

Very interesting news from Famitsu concerning TLR. Appearently they really liked it.

Obviously, it's Famitsu which is at times, suspect, but they said the game was typically 40-60hrs long, but took upto 80hrs if you did everything - which would make it longer than Blue Dragon (50-55hrs) or Lost Odyssey (55-60hrs), and somewhere around Tales of Vesperia in terms of length.

For those that wonder about other Famitsu X360 reviews:

TES: Oblivion: 38/40
The Last Remnant: 38/40
Blue Dragon: 37/40
Tales of Vesperia: 35/40
Eternal Sonata: 35/40
Lost Odyssey: 33/40
Infinite Undiscovery: 32/40
Enchanted Arms: 29/40

IMO, it's a pretty reliable list.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

It seems to me that RPG fans can only trust in Japanese reviews nowdays, it is atleast for me.

It's decided then, I will buy this game now.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

amen!!! it's not bad after all =D.

2 jrpgs for next year last remant and white knight chronicles yay!

next year?? oh right it will not come to PS3 until next year??

ohh well guess Ill buy the 360 vesrion then.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Wow, want this game so much after seeing the Scores 38/40 and upto 80 hours long.
Hope the PS3 version can release earlier!!

Around the Network

Not that I ever had any problem with Famitsu, but hasn´t the whole VGChartz community agreed that Famitsu reviews are unreliable and only review based on what their userbase wants? Now people are saying they will buy TLR because Famitsu reviewed it well? And what happened to 'I don´t need reviews to form my own opinion' ?

80 hours is too short!

SE is getting lazy with their RPGs.

Tease.

Last time when someone stated in a thread that LO is 40-60 hours long we got plenty of replies of members who are above 120 hours;

Right now, I wanna get some more opinions. We've had 2 questionable reviews from 2 admittedly questionable sources so far(OXM and Famitsu both have been defamed before by large groups).

The game looks good, but one thing concerning me was the combat seemed to have some slowdown in it, so yeah, hope it's good.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

I have a PS3, but i'll get this one on PC...