By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you think Metal Gear solid 4 gun of the patriots will be GOTY?

pastro243 said:
Dinomax said:

How can a movie be nominated for GAME of the year? 

Here we go again...

lol, you have to have a sense of humor sometimes people (unless you want me to trudge through comments and look for Wii Music and Waggle used together and ban them too).

Around the Network

ValkyriaOO, do you know what an opinion is? I remember you from the PSP threads, you are one of the most stubborn people I have ever seen. LBP is a better game to a lot of people, including these so called useless reviewers that are the ones giving these awards. Deal with it.

O_o I just searched it up on Metacritic

LBP 95%

MGS4 94%

GTA4 should NOT be game of the year, I was a huge fan of the gta series but this game was really not that fun at all. Visually it was spectacular, but the lack of traditional GTA elements (i.e. buying properties, lack of clothing/appearance options, money accruing, etc. etc.) should not have earned it the honors blindly given by reviewers.
San Andreas and Vice City where awesome, and built on the successes of previous iterations; whereas, GTA 4 stripped the game of the additional elements that made this game fun. A bland sandbox game, that failed to move me past the initial graphical accomplishments.

Fact: Earthbound is the greatest game ever made

Pharaoh said:
GTA4 should NOT be game of the year, I was a huge fan of the gta series but this game was really not that fun at all. Visually it was spectacular, but the lack of traditional GTA elements (i.e. buying properties, lack of clothing/appearance options, money accruing, etc. etc.) should not have earned it the honors blindly given by reviewers.
San Andreas and Vice City where awesome, and built on the successes of previous iterations; whereas, GTA 4 stripped the game of the additional elements that made this game fun. A bland sandbox game, that failed to move me past the initial graphical accomplishments.

You know what I miss the most? WASTED! or BUSTED!

Rockstar went 5 steps back, and went 1 step ahead.

Around the Network

I think it will be between gears 2 and mgs4.  I would say MGS4 would win because it is a better quality game overall, interesting gameplay even if it is stressful sometimes, and an amazing story.  I don't care if people complain about the length of cutscenes... this is the 1 series that I have watched every single second of every cutscene and enjoyed it.  The cinematics are amazing as well.  Gears is a fantastic game and a contender but it still doesnt compare.  It would be a respectful 2nd.  GTA4 doesnt deserve a nomination.

You know the way a game gets re-released a few months later as a GOTY edtion (CoD4, Oblivion). Who actually gives them the title to do that?

Looking at it, I think that LBP has a decent shot. It was well reviewed by all the sites I know, and it's fairly innovative which a lot of reviewers really like. Whether or not it "deserves" it is a discussion for another time, but I think it has a decent chance of happening on a number of sites.

Use this main thread.

http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=48878

Locked.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.