By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

With the software numbers up:

hmmm, perhaps vgc needs a little more time honing their prediction skills, since they were off a bit with the GoW2 numbers for day one.

Resistance 2 did however underperform a tad (expected a LITTLE more personally).

Around the Network

The Wii is obviously the best console, lol.

I'm j/k, but imo, it probably is.

It's great being a Nintendo fan. It's an epic win every week.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

wii fit at 9.96 million just 40.000 and it sold 10 million

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Man... the Wii is just cruising out of the atmosphere at this point. Nintendo must be drawing in consumers from other planets.

MS seems to have staved off a slow decline earlier in the year.

PS3 is doing well, particularly considering its price.

fastyxx said:

But, and I say this as someone who pre-ordered Wii Animal Crossing, the PS3 and 360 being beaten by Wii is like them being beaten by Tickle Me Elmo.  The Wii is a completely different product than what the the 360 and PS3 are.  It's like trying to argue that the PSP is way more successful than the Wii since it's got a multi-million lead, or saying that the DS is better than an iPhone because it's sold 75 million more.  

I almost fell out of my chair laughing at the imagery you provided. 

Around the Network
NintendoMonopoly said:
illuminatus said:
the curve of the Wii sales of the past 5 weeks in NA kinda looks unnatural...

the December probably will have weaker sales than expected.

Great logic!

Would you like to bet on that?

I never bet.

But I still believe that 4th quarter 2008 won't see more console sales than 4th quarter 2007 in NA

papflesje said:

hmmm, perhaps vgc needs a little more time honing their prediction skills, since they were off a bit with the GoW2 numbers for day one.

Resistance 2 did however underperform a tad (expected a LITTLE more personally).

Well, with Gears 2 launching, I think that was all the focus for the week rather than R2. However, I expected 600k first month in the US for R2, and that's still within reach.

just thought i'd point out (i haven't read the whole thread) that the wii sells based on how much stock is available, not what *new* games are out.. because people are still wanting to buy one for the catalog that is already out for the wii

Hopefully that explains why Wii was so high this week, despite having no big *new* releases

tabsina said:
just thought i'd point out (i haven't read the whole thread) that the wii sells based on how much stock is available, not what *new* games are out.. because people are still wanting to buy one for the catalog that is already out for the wii

Hopefully that explains why Wii was so high this week, despite having no big *new* releases

DING DING DING DING! 

WE HAVE A WINNER.

Seriously you think after seeing the sales of Mario Kart and Wii fit you think everyone would relise that those two games are a large draw of Wii sales.

Those are real killer aps.  Where they can keep selling the hardware for months after release.  Not a mere boost for one month or a week.

papflesje said:

You're wrong. VGChartz was right.

Gears of War 2:

1.5 milion US

0.6 million Europe

= 2.1 million US and Europe Only.

My Gaming Setup