By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - MS Rep: Fall update will be big trouble

http://gamingconfidential.blogspot.com/2008/11/ms-rep-fall-update-will-be-big-trouble.html

MS Rep: Fall update will be big trouble

A trusted source working as a customer service rep for Microsoft has revealed that there will be some bad drama when the Xbox 360's Fall update hits on November 19th. He says the update could bring the dreaded "three red lights of death" issue roaring back to life.

The rep said that there has always been an influx of calls from owners of bricked Xbox 360s after every major Xbox 360 software update. Most of the complaints come from owners of launch consoles.

"The slick move by Microsoft here is that it's releasing the update on the 19th, just a couple of days after the extended warranty period for launch Xbox 360s end. The owners of these units are headed for some pretty tense times in the weeks to come,"" he said.

He adds "Our department is bracing itself from irrate callers after the update is released. I'm bringing some aspirin to work this holiday season," he adds.

Now that is f***ed up. LOL.  I have one of those launch 360s.  I have been hit once already, this one could put me down for good.

Around the Network

This is terrible, wow I hope this is not true, because if it is I feel sorry for 360 owners..

mM

omg nooooo

I don't get it. Is gaming confidential some sort of joke site?

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

RROD? What does RROD mean? I mean...what is it?

Around the Network
A_C_E said:
RROD? What does RROD mean? I mean...what is it?

Red Ring Of Death aka a broke 360

I dont think it will happen,my 360 never RROD after a update..

Oh christ, I forgot the warranty is ending in a month or two. I really need to Ebay this accident waiting to happen pronto in that case. I'll probably get something like 90 bucks, which is why I didn't sell it last time I put it up (the final bid was like 89.50). The last thing I want is a brick that I can't do anything with (I'm not prepared to PAY MS over 100 dollars to fix their own stupid mistake).

I really hope that California lawsuit goes through (luckily I live in Cali) so they have to pay everyone like me back for their coverup. I for one would NEVER have purchased a 360 if I knew the failure rate was well above 30% and I know I'm not the only early purchaser for whom that is true.

PSN ID: ChosenOne feel free to add me

Impulsivity said:
Oh christ, I forgot the warranty is ending in a month or two. I really need to Ebay this accident waiting to happen pronto in that case. I'll probably get something like 90 bucks, which is why I didn't sell it last time I put it up (the final bid was like 89.50). The last thing I want is a brick that I can't do anything with (I'm not prepared to PAY MS over 100 dollars to fix their own stupid mistake).

I really hope that California lawsuit goes through (luckily I live in Cali) so they have to pay everyone like me back for their coverup. I for one would NEVER have purchased a 360 if I knew the failure rate was well above 30% and I know I'm not the only early purchaser for whom that is true.

Depending on how much the cost to repair is, I will probably just buy an arcade.  I could use another controller.

I was planning to get xbox 360, i guess i will wait, until they sort this problem out.

it;s only launch ones ehh. I will still wait.