By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Pokemon Diamond smaller then GB versions! WTF?!

ResiRiley said:
LOL!
You European players are so funny.............

First off you cannot capture 450 pokemon in the wild. The are 150 plus put the rest you have to transfer from your GBA games and recapture in the Pal Park, and even then you aren't really catching them because they give you special balls that automatically captures the pokemon you run into there.

So what the game only has 8 badges, almost all of the other games as well as the show that the games is modeled after. I think the online and side quests more than makes up for having 8 badges...............and the only reason that the other game that had 16 badges had so many is because there were 2 regions to explore instead of just one. I believe it was both Kanto and Johto, Diamond and Pearl is only Sinnoh.

That's not true, the other pokemon are not all caught through transfers and pal park.  After you beat the game new areas open up where the old pokemon appear.  In fact every pokemon ever to appear in the series except legendaries and starters can be caught in game.

Around the Network
leo-j said:
ResiRiley said:
LOL!
You European players are so funny.............

First off you cannot capture 450 pokemon in the wild. The are 150 plus put the rest you have to transfer from your GBA games and recapture in the Pal Park, and even then you aren't really catching them because they give you special balls that automatically captures the pokemon you run into there.

So what the game only has 8 badges, almost all of the other games as well as the show that the games is modeled after. I think the online and side quests more than makes up for having 8 badges...............and the only reason that the other game that had 16 badges had so many is because there were 2 regions to explore instead of just one. I believe it was both Kanto and Johto, Diamond and Pearl is only Sinnoh.

Why didnt they remake johto?

Well, first of all Johto wasn't the last area.  But also, there are data limitations.  This game included all pokemon in the wild other than the starters from previous games and legendaries, as well as a much longer adventure in a much larger world with 3D graphics in world, orchestrated music, and improved 2D animations during combat.

That is the biggest bunch of BS I have ever hear, especially since as an American I have had the game for months and beaten it. Once you beat the Elite Four, like in all other Pokemon games, other legendaries become available, but you CANNOT capture all the other pokemon once you beat the game...........

Answer me this.

Where can I catch a wild
Staryu
Scyther
Nidoran (male or female)
any of the other starters
Dratini
Tyranitar
or hundreds and hundreds of others

Sure some of the oldies are available like Heracross or some other more common types, but the are included in the capturable 150, the rest you have to get from Pal Park.

Look it up why don't ya.

Serebii. com has everything you ever want to know about a pokemon anyways........

The thing with Johto in Gold and Silver was that after beating the Elite Four you were able to travel to Kanto ( which is were Red, Blue, Yellow, LeafGreen, and FireRed take place)

It is funny to sit here and watch naznatips spue nothing but lies and believe it to be gospel truth.

The only way you are catching all 450 on the original carts is if you have a GameShark or something similar and no one wants to play with cheaters anyways.

ResiRiley said:
That is the biggest bunch of BS I have ever hear, especially since as an American I have had the game for months and beaten it. Once you beat the Elite Four, like in all other Pokemon games, other legendaries become available, but you CANNOT capture all the other pokemon once you beat the game...........

Answer me this.

Where can I catch a wild
Staryu
Scyther
Nidoran (male or female)
any of the other starters
Dratini
Tyranitar
or hundreds and hundreds of others

Sure some of the oldies are available like Heracross or some other more common types, but the are included in the capturable 150, the rest you have to get from Pal Park.

Look it up why don't ya.

Serebii. com has everything you ever want to know about a pokemon anyways........

LOL you have no idea who you are dealing with. Please continue acting like this so I can keep making you look like a fool:

Staryu: Canalave City, or Sunyshore City with the Super Rod
Scyther: Route 229 (Diamond only)
Nidoran Male and Female both: Route 201
Dratini: Behind the waterfall in Mt. Coronet with Super Rod
Larvitar (first form of Tyranitar): Route 207 (diamond only)

All of these are available after you get the national dex. Starters and legends are not available in the game without trading as I said in every previous post. I'm sorry, but I have to ask, what does it feel like looking completely ignorant on a forum full of hundreds of gamers? Is it fun? I can honestly say I have never experienced it. Oh, and it's Serebii.net not serebii.com

Around the Network

^Also, if you talk to Dawn's little sister, she will tell you were she has spotted some pokemon, like Nidoran and smoochum. She will let you know of one pokemon she has spotted once a day. I doubt it is all of them, but it is quite a few.

DonWii said:
^Also, if you talk to Dawn's little sister, she will tell you were she has spotted some pokemon, like Nidoran and smoochum. She will let you know of one pokemon she has spotted once a day. I doubt it is all of them, but it is quite a few.

Every pokemon (except legends and starters) is available for capture in the wild in Diamond and Pearl through after you get the national dex through various methods including the one you just mentioned.  There are also a few GBA insertion pokemon, which can only be caught in DP if you have Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Fire Red, or Leaf Green in the GBA slot of the DS.  They are still caught in the wild in the Diamond and Pearl world, not in Pal Park.  Pal Park is a method of transfering Pokemon from past versions.  I'm sure you know this all DonWii just clarifying it for others who may not know. :)

StarcraftManiac said:
BenKenobi88 said:
Soriku said:
BenKenobi88 said:
I bought the game...I have one badge! I haven't really touched it since then...I'm not really into Pokemon...

Then why buy it? >_>

I dunno...you tell me? I hardly played any of the games before. Everyone called me a sinner for not growing up with Pokemon...and since this game is much like the previous ones, I gave it a shot.

It wasn't bad...I just haven't had the urge to play it...I'm a very casual DS gamer...I haven't beaten Metroid Prime Hunters, FFIII, and a couple others, cause I get a new game and enjoy it more, or I'm just distracted by other stuff...

ghaha ... Me too... I still have to finish Godfather: Blackhand edition, Mario strikers Charged, Metroid prime hunters, Diddy kong racing, Second sight, Timesplitters 2, Beyond good and evil etc... Im in all of the games... But when i was at 30-70%... I found another game which i wanted to add to my collection... And allas, i played the new one. Without going back to the old one cuzz then i'd already have a new one.

Ow... Just wanted to say this: I just got a DSlite!... ... Really nice!... Now i have eehrm... A DSphat Blue limited edition. And a White DSlite... And i like it! I'm playing Pokémon Diamond on it... Kinda like the old ones! But its nice!

And just to get this straight:

So we have 8 badges?!

And u CAN catch 450 pokémon in THE WILD. but the other 30 u have to get from the other versions?!...

Btw: Online is nice, NICE NICE!!!

haha. me too. in the middle of Super Paper Mario, Geist, FF Crystal Chronicles, Pokemon Diamond, last case in Phoenix Wright, Trauma Center DS, Red Steel, Excite Truck, Super Monkey Ball Wii, FF 1 and 2, Fire Emblem GCN, Fire Emblem GBA, Battalion Wars, PoP Warrior Within, Summoner Goddess Reborn, Baten Kaitos Origins, Beyond Good and Evil, Metroid Prime Hunters, etc. Thankfully I got through Godfather, Timesplitters 2, and Diddy Kong Racing. Does Mario Strikers Charged have a fun design?

Those were bad examples to prove a point and you are the one who is looking like an idiot. The only way some Pokemon are available is if if you have one of the older games in the GBA slot .Case in point

Mawile-http://serebii.net/pokedex-dp/303.shtml
Vulpix-http://serebii.net/pokedex-dp/037.shtml
Ninetales
Growlithe-http://serebii.net/pokedex-dp/058.shtml
Arcanine
Shuppet-http://serebii.net/pokedex-dp/353.shtml
Bannette
SableEyes-http://serebii.net/pokedex-dp/302.shtml

And several others. The vast majority are available, not all of them.

ResiRiley said:
Those were bad examples to prove a point and you are the one who is looking like an idiot. The only way some Pokemon are available is if if you have one of the older games in the GBA slot .Case in point

Mawile-http://serebii.net/pokedex-dp/303.shtml
Vulpix-http://serebii.net/pokedex-dp/037.shtml
Ninetales
Growlithe-http://serebii.net/pokedex-dp/058.shtml
Arcanine
Shuppet-http://serebii.net/pokedex-dp/353.shtml
Bannette
SableEyes-http://serebii.net/pokedex-dp/302.shtml

And several others. The vast majority are available, not all of them.

To quote myself above: "Every pokemon (except legends and starters) is available for capture in the wild in Diamond and Pearl through after you get the national dex through various methods including the one you just mentioned.  There are also a few GBA insertion pokemon, which can only be caught in DP if you have Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Fire Red, or Leaf Green in the GBA slot of the DS.  They are still caught in the wild in the Diamond and Pearl world, not in Pal Park."

To quote you above: "Sure some of the oldies are available like Heracross or some other more common types, but the are included in the capturable 150, the rest you have to get from Pal Park."

Definition of ignorance: –noun the state or fact of being ignorant; lack of knowledge, learning, information, etc.

Stop embarrassing yourself.  Admit you were wrong and at least leave this topic with some respect (both for yourself and from others).