By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Pokemon Diamond smaller then GB versions! WTF?!

Juli 27th... Pokémon Diamond releases in Europe.

And I GOT it! me = rather happy about it...

Today... (Juli 28th) I posses 3 badges... A Firemonkey (dunno the name) of lvl 34.

Somekind of new bird (Just like Pidgeotto) at lvl 29.

And an Kadabra of lvl 27.

(For the rest, I've got like 27 different Pokémon caught).

I was just scanning the internet at some info of the games total length (Time etc...).

Looking at the IGN guide, it says... 8 badges. 151 pokémon. (Kinda like, the best designed pokémon of the 350/450, dunno how much there were).

So i was like, WTF?!... ONLY 8 badges?! ONLY 151 Pokémon?!... WTF IS THIS BULLCRAP?!...                                Even my Pokémon Gold game has 16 badges and 251 pokémon... And that was a GBColor game from... What 1998?!... So why are Gamefreak and Nintendo fokin with me?!...

Is this a freakin JOKE or something?!... Plz... Someone! Confirm that there is more to this game then  only 8 freakin badges... Plz!

Or im gonna be pissed about this purchase!... Plz, help me out ...

THE NETHERLANDS

Around the Network

There's plenty more.

There's 480+ PKMN to eventually collect.

There's more in-depth game mechanics.

There's online play.

There's online trading.

There's Battle Tower.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Well, if you have any of the GBA games, you can transfer your pokemon from there, though you have to recapture them.

I don't know about the badges, I don't have the game actually ^^ but Emerald had like ... 8? Extra badges in Battle Frontier... so maybe this one has something like that too...

I want Pokemon DP :(

480 Pokémon?!... U mean like INGAME?! Or what... Like, from your GBA cardridge?! (If u have one... Cuzz i don't).

But there's still only 8 badges ... really, REALLY SAD!...

But at least there still is online ...

Can someone plz verify on the badges thing, cuzz its really botherin me...

THE NETHERLANDS

I think 151 is the number of pkmn that appear on the Shinnoh Dex... that APPEAR, because some pkmn were intentionally left out of the Dex, but you can get them anyway, I think.

Around the Network

There are originally 151 pokemon but after you SEE all of those you can ge the national dex thing and get the rest of the pokemon, a lot of which appear in the wild.

I bought the game...I have one badge! I haven't really touched it since then...I'm not really into Pokemon...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

hehe http://xkcd.com/178/

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

You can catch ~450 of the pokemon IN GAME, but the rest you need to transfer from previous GBA files in the Pal Park. The only ones you can't catch are previous starter and jedgendary pokemon. So you can't catch Bulbasour Rayquaza, Cyniquil etc.

One person's experience or opinion never shows the general consensus

PSN ID: Tispower

MSN: tispower1@hotmail.co.uk

pikazoo said:
There are originally 151 pokemon but after you SEE all of those you can ge the national dex thing and get the rest of the pokemon, a lot of which appear in the wild.

so you have to get the national dex first? (I think that's after you beat the elite four isn't it). Just been playing it on my brother's DS, and it seems they've added a kinda 3d sense to it. I hope in the future, you'll be able to go through all the worlds, like in Gold/Silver you could visit Johto and Kanto, cos it's kinda weird having a totally new world each time.

One person's experience or opinion never shows the general consensus

PSN ID: Tispower

MSN: tispower1@hotmail.co.uk