By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Can you speak more than one language?

Oui, Yes , Si

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
ismael said:
NJ5 said:
elgefe02 said:
Español e Ingles!

I'm confused. Wouldn't that be "Español y Ingles"? In Portuguese "and" is "e", but I thought it was "y" in Spanish.

Yes, in Spanish "and" is translated as "Y", but when the following word starts with "i"(the same sound) we say "e" instead of "y".   i.e: Español y Francés, Español e italiano.

BTW i speak Spanish and English, and i'm starting to learn Chinesse

And if I remember my Spanish lessons correctly it's the same with "or" which is normally "o" but switches to "u" in front of a word starting with O.

Signature goes here!

ok lol i remember a sentence t'say to womens :p in spanish that is

Come to The Dark Side,and i'll give you a cookie...

TruckOSaurus said:
ismael said:
NJ5 said:
elgefe02 said:
Español e Ingles!

I'm confused. Wouldn't that be "Español y Ingles"? In Portuguese "and" is "e", but I thought it was "y" in Spanish.

Yes, in Spanish "and" is translated as "Y", but when the following word starts with "i"(the same sound) we say "e" instead of "y".   i.e: Español y Francés, Español e italiano.

And if I remember my Spanish lessons correctly it's the same with "or" which is normally "o" but switches to "u" in front of a word starting with O.

Yup, you remember your lessons well

Jk
Spanish(Native language)
English( I've been studing it since I was 4)
French( I took one year of french lessons when I was 13 but now I can't remenber most of the things. All I remenber is some basic stuff but I can only speak.

Around the Network

hahah the sentence is..if i remember well erhm.. "Eres Muy Bonita" ..did i say it right??!? lol

Thedrick said:
hahah the sentence is..if i remember well erhm.. "Eres Muy Bonita" ..did i say it right??!? lol

You just said "You Are Very Beautiful". You said it right, but you don't have to capitalize every word

zexen_lowe said:
TruckOSaurus said:
ismael said:
NJ5 said:
elgefe02 said:
Español e Ingles!

Aunque depende del pais ya que en diferentes paises en general se habla distinto a veces el español que hablan algunos me parece confuso ya que en verdad usan otros terminos para dirigirse a las cosas como el caso de vos y tu aparte cada pais tiene su propia manera de referirse a ciertos objectos o cosas asi.

bah i do that without noticing..lol but i know i dont have to capitalize every letter :) but thanks for the advice!

ctk495 said:
zexen_lowe said:
TruckOSaurus said:
ismael said:
NJ5 said:
elgefe02 said:
Español e Ingles!

Aunque depende del pais ya que en diferentes paises en general se habla distinto a veces el español que hablan algunos me parece confuso ya que en verdad usan otros terminos para dirigirse a las cosas como el caso de vos y tu aparte cada pais tiene su propia manera de referirse a ciertos objectos o cosas asi.

Si bien tenés razón con lo que vos estás diciendo, hasta donde yo sé no existen diferencias en ningún tipo de dialecto en cuanto a referirse con "o" o "u" cuando tenés que juntar 2 cosas. Sí hay millones de diferencias en otros campos, como por ejemplo el uso de "vos" o "tú" (no sé cómo es que pueden usar el "tú", con "vos" todo suena mil veces mejor), "ustedes" o "vosotros", tiempos verbales (por ejemplo, aca nunca decimos "esta noche comeré carne" sino "esta noche voy a comer carne"), etc.