By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Tales of Symphonia DotNW Review - 6.7 Im still buying it.=)

i think the game is awesome, i would be so stupid not to buy the game because of that stupid IGN review......
anyone who enjoyed the 1st game, will enjoy this one as well

the music is the same in most cases - which is awesome
graphics are nice, battle system is amazing

and there is a lot of customization, more than the last game!
i wonder if IGN has even played the game.. : (

also, the new characters are great

nice work Namco, it deserves to be a million seller!!

Wii console: 0595 8808 5698 2709
Super Smash Bros Brawl: 1161 1357 5188

Mario Kart Wii: 1633 4506 4319

PES 2008: 1633 5820 0347

DragonBall Z BT 3: 3823 9760 9484

Pokemon Battle Revolution: 3480 2645 9186
Feel free to add me, and sent me a pm with your Friend Code!!

Around the Network
ctk495 said:
Words Of Wisdom said:

It's always fun watching people defend games they like from bad reviews.

You seriously dislike this game don't you? I remenber that you were saying that the original tales was boring.

The "original tales" isn't the original you're thinking of.

Aside from that Tales of Symphonia is mediocre especially when played alongside Skies of Arcadia and Xenosaga which I rate much higher in terms of quality and overall enjoyment.  I'm not expecting ToS2 to be bad, but I'm not expecting much more than the original in terms of visuals, character quality, or really anything.  I'm expecting Tales of Symphonia with a 2 at the end.

I got the game and i have to say the IGN Review isn't that far from my opinion.

I don't like the characters so far, the graphics look awful in cut-scenes (good while playing, because of the camera angle and distance), the only thing i like is the skits (too funny xD) and the battle system... kinda. :p

Dgc1808 said:
I'm very dissappointed here...

Really? I've been enjoying it very much. The only things I don't like is the load times and the world map (wandering is fun!) What didn't you like about it?

damkira said:
Dgc1808 said:
I'm very dissappointed here...

Really? I've been enjoying it very much. The only things I don't like is the load times and the world map (wandering is fun!) What didn't you like about it?

Me too. This game is definitely a worthy predecessor of ToS.

There are a few dull points (like the world map) but it makes up for it in other areas. The story flows pretty nicely as well (6:30 hours in right now) and the game is pretty humerous. Emil gets better and less annoying as the game goes on too, though he still has his moments.

Around the Network
Words Of Wisdom said:
ctk495 said:
Words Of Wisdom said:

It's always fun watching people defend games they like from bad reviews.

You seriously dislike this game don't you? I remenber that you were saying that the original tales was boring.

The "original tales" isn't the original you're thinking of.

Aside from that Tales of Symphonia is mediocre especially when played alongside Skies of Arcadia and Xenosaga which I rate much higher in terms of quality and overall enjoyment.  I'm not expecting ToS2 to be bad, but I'm not expecting much more than the original in terms of visuals, character quality, or really anything.  I'm expecting Tales of Symphonia with a 2 at the end.

I really did not thing tales of symphonia was mediocre in any way. It had great character development, many side quests, a VERY enjoyable battle system, and 'overall enjoyment.'

I dunno how great xenosaga or skies of arcadia is, but seeing as how tos singlehandedly brought me back to liking rpg's again, I would not say it is a mediocre game.

On another note, I feel that only people who have either played the game for an hour or not played it at all can say that the story is cliche. *COUGH GAMESPOT COUGH* They're people who thought the tower of salvation was the last stop and quit before it. (I almost did LOL)

Yeah, I finally have a sig.

I have yet to buy this game (I will soon though) but I have a friend who bought it a couple of weeks ago and he's told me it's really good. I was surprised cause he's the biggest Sony fanboy I know. I decided to get call of duty first (it kicks ass!) but I will definitely pick this up next week.

Wichdog69

It is good. It's one of the best games I've played. You'll really enjoy it.

The game is getting many average reviews, not just from gamespot. I didn´t like the original game and I´m pretty sure this one will be worse. ToV is coming early next year so I´ll buy it, it should be worth like TotA. As far as ToS2, doubt I´ll be getting it, unless I´m desperate and there´s a drought in games. ToV though will be more than enough to keep my needs for over 80 hours.

memory2zack said:
The game is getting many average reviews, not just from gamespot. I didn´t like the original game and I´m pretty sure this one will be worse. ToV is coming early next year so I´ll buy it, it should be worth like TotA. As far as ToS2, doubt I´ll be getting it, unless I´m desperate and there´s a drought in games. ToV though will be more than enough to keep my needs for over 80 hours.

if you didn't like the original how comes you like Tales of Vesperia?

sales tell more than reviews, and Tales of Symphonia is selling much better!

btw, how can a game with such a great story, so much depth, strategy and everything get a 6.7....

the music is amazing, and the music gets 5.0??

get a taste of how great this game is:

http://wii.ign.com/dor/objects/951711/tales-of-symphonia-ratatoskr-no-kishi/videos/talesofsymphonia_tgs08_100708.html

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^