By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - N-Zone 9/07 (+ news, charts and surprising Zelda: Phantom Hourglass review)

well first of all WHY DO YOU ALREADY HAVE YOUR N-ZONE AND I DON'T??? Ah I know, because I live in Switzerland and the post is lazy, so that I always have to wait a week until I get mine

But I'm a bit puzzled... First of all, I want to say that N-Zone is normally quite reliable and not biased. You also have to know that their scores are a bit special (I think) because getting a score below 80 % means the game is not good normally, while at other sites/magazines a 7/10 is still good. But then again, a score around 90 % is still very good.

And what I'm really more interested about are the dungeons rather than the sidequests. How is the dungeon architecture? Are there difficult, clever puzzles? I read there are seven dungeons, and I think this is enough for a handheld game, so altough I usually trust N-Zone, I'll go with the score rather than the words.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

Around the Network

It's a handheld Zelda and you're trying to compare it to GC/Wii Zeldas, clearly you're going to be disappointed. ;>

nintendo_fanboy said:
well first of all WHY DO YOU ALREADY HAVE YOUR N-ZONE AND I DON'T??? Ah I know, because I live in Switzerland and the post is lazy, so that I always have to wait a week until I get mine

But I'm a bit puzzled... First of all, I want to say that N-Zone is normally quite reliable and not biased. You also have to know that their scores are a bit special (I think) because getting a score below 80 % means the game is not good normally, while at other sites/magazines a 7/10 is still good. But then again, a score around 90 % is still very good.

And what I'm really more interested about are the dungeons rather than the sidequests. How is the dungeon architecture? Are there difficult, clever puzzles? I read there are seven dungeons, and I think this is enough for a handheld game, so altough I usually trust N-Zone, I'll go with the score rather than the words.

I have the nasty feeling the dungeons are gonna have a 'casual' architecture... Which means... No REALLY HARD puzzles on which i have to think for more then 10 minutes. Which i find sad... Cuzz thats what i loved about Zelda games. I was even scared to buy Windwaker... Cuzz i found Ocarina of time so hard... And i didn't know if i could finish it... But now, they dungeons keep having a downward trend on dificulty!... Btw: The Zelda games are still amongst the most respected games in my book ... And i hope the games turns out nice!... Great dungeons that is ... And the online is gonna rock my world... Now im gonna continue playing pokémon. Sad, isn't it ...

THE NETHERLANDS

@DKII: Once more now, they compared it to a Link to the past and they were dissapointed. I compared the game to nothing.

@ Nintendo_fanboy: They said the puzzles are different from every other Zelda game before, sometimes crazy but often classic Zelda things with touchscreen control.

They also didn´t rate the graphics and sound that high (under 85%) and said the music isn´t new but rather "ported" from earlier games.

And yeah, the game is pretty "casual" and easy. What I actually read between the lines was the game is a better casual than hardcore game.

BenKenobi88 said:
I don't understand those previews...

Mario Galaxy and Metroid are not out yet, but they give them both 90%? I would assume Mario would be a little higher than Metroid...and I wouldn't expect them to be only 5% away from...Soul Caliber Legends...

Maybe Legends is better than expected. We have seen like, nothing - about it so far.

It gets a higher score than Umbrella Chronicles (which is starting to worry me).

Bring on Mario & Metroid...

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099