By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - EU Sales UP! -- PS3 falls Further behind

XB360 has now low price and a large SW library, I agree that most probably once priced under $300 PS3 will start catching up and will eventually overtake it, but XB360 shouldn't be disappointing, I guess its lifesapn will be decided by MS and won't be terminated by failure as XFlop 1, but only by MS' strategy for XB720.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network
Killergran said:
lazyrider said:
I see that Wii market share is at 47.8 though i seem to recall it being at 47.7 before others numbers. Did anything get adjusted from last week? With this weeks others numbers, Wii "only" got 45 market share.

First, I noticed that it got less than 50 % too :)

Second, I'll do an analysis (of sorts) of the numbers when all regions have been reported, in my Road to 50 % thread. Since it's a thread concentrating on the Wii vs. PS360 marketshare worldwide, it's kind of a limited analysis, but it will answer your question. Or someone could do the same calculations now, and tell you at once. I'm too lazy to do that though.

I did the math. Finally.

Adjustment
Wii vs PS360: +11,846 vs -15,864
Gap difference: -27,710
New gap: 3,318,793
Marketshare: 47.765%
Total Marketshare difference: +0.019%

That wasn't a major adjustment, like last weeks, but it still needed only .006% increase to go from 47.7 % to 47.8 %

This is invisible text!