By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - President Elect Uhbama

Esmoreit said:
thetonestarr said:
Strategyking92 said:
thetonestarr said:
Well, I'm going to have the same stance with this that I had when people gave Bush a hard time for his speeches.

Ability to speak publicly (or lack thereof) does not affect a person's ability to make important decisions. Thus, I will not give Obama a hard time over it.

but look how bush turned out..

Obama= black pres. bush confirmed?

How did Bush turn out? So far, 90% of the reasons people condemn him involve lackluster evidence and a major press spin. I have yet to see one piece of solid evidence that Bush has been a bad president. No, he wasn't perfect. He wasn't even great. But right now, more solid evidence points to him having been a good choice.

Some figures for America (from Dutch Metro)

2000                           2008

Unemployment         4% (avg)                     5.4% (avg)
Deficit                       $230 billion plus          $455 billion minus
Inflation                    3.38% (avg)                5% (avg)
Dollar Value              $1 = €1,01                   $1 = 0,79€

Now that

(1) it's not an established fact that it takes 3-10 years (and even more as time passes, population grows, and the complexity of our economy/culture increases) for a president's actions to take effect on our economy, which effectively means that Clinton had a greater effect on the recent economy than Bush did, and

(2) the President has incredibly less influence than Congress, which effectively means that Congress is much more to blame than anything Bush did,

Way to know your facts & just eat what the press feeds you. You'd think a videogamer of all people would remember not to buy everything the press says.

note: I'm not saying I like Bush either, but actual facts show that he's been hated on far more than reality says he should be.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Around the Network
kazadoom said:
Like I said, I do not like Bush, I am merely showing the hypocrisy here. If any is an elitist it is Obama as well as Bush. People hated Bush and said the guy could not speak. Apparently Obama cannot speak either, yet he gets a total pass.

People hated Bush.  The fact that he could not speak was simply one more thing to make fun of him with.

And again, it's arguable that Obama is a bad speaker.  I went to his rally on Halloween and I never heard a single "uh."  And when he "uhs" at press conferences, it's not like it's a "derrrrrr" pause, it's just a quick, habitual pause while thinking.  It's a bad habit for speakers, but it's a far cry from the Bush-isms, like I said.  Saying "uh" is different from...I'll give a list of a few:

"Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream."
"You work three jobs? … Uniquely American, isn't it? I mean, that is fantastic that you're doing that."
"There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again."
"They misunderestimated me."
"So long as I'm the president, my measure of success is victory -- and success."

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

"The question is rarely asked: 'is our children learning?'"

To even compare Bush and Obama's speaking, Bush needs to learn how to conjugate the verb "to be."

I think you guys need to give Obama a break. He worked hard to get into the White House, and Joe Biden worked even harder back in old Scranton to put food on his family.

Shame on you.

lol.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

Look the only way Obama would be more stupid than Bush, the dumbest president or world leader to ever exist, would be if he shat his pants during the conference and then told everyone that he shat his pants.

Saying uh just means he is thinking about what he has to say. Compared with Bush it seems as though he actually processes thoughts before speaking.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

kazadoom said:
Like I said, I do not like Bush, I am merely showing the hypocrisy here. If any is an elitist it is Obama as well as Bush. People hated Bush and said the guy could not speak. Apparently Obama cannot speak either, yet he gets a total pass.

i bet u dont like Obama cuz he used big words, honestly everyone has their little saying, obama's saying is obviously " uh",  hes still the best spoken polition after colin powell

The funny thing is that Kazadoom forgot to post this video.

BenKenobi88 said:
kazadoom said:

People hated Bush.  The fact that he could not speak was simply one more thing to make fun of him with.

And again, it's arguable that Obama is a bad speaker.  I went to his rally on Halloween and I never heard a single "uh."  And when he "uhs" at press conferences, it's not like it's a "derrrrrr" pause, it's just a quick, habitual pause while thinking.  It's a bad habit for speakers, but it's a far cry from the Bush-isms, like I said.  Saying "uh" is different from...I'll give a list of a few:

"Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream."
"You work three jobs? … Uniquely American, isn't it? I mean, that is fantastic that you're doing that."
"There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again."
"They misunderestimated me."
"So long as I'm the president, my measure of success is victory -- and success."

Kind of like these Obamaisms?

"I'm here with the Girardo family here in St. Louis." --speaking via satellite to the Democratic National Convention, while in Kansas City, Missouri, Aug. 25, 2008

"Let me introduce to you the next President -- the next Vice President of the United States of America, Joe Biden." --slipping up while introducing Joe Biden at their first joint campaign rally, Springfield, Illinois, Aug. 23, 2008

"Just this past week, we passed out of the out of the U.S. Senate Banking Committee -- which is my committee -- a bill to call for divestment from Iran as way of ratcheting up the pressure to ensure that they don't obtain a nuclear weapon." --referring to a committee he is not on, Sderot, Israel, July 23, 2008

"Let me be absolutely clear. Israel is a strong friend of Israel's. It will be a strong friend of Israel's under a McCain...administration. It will be a strong friend of Israel's under an Obama administration. So that policy is not going to change." --Amman, Jordan, July 22, 2008

"How's it going, Sunshine?" --campaigning in Sunrise, Florida

"On this Memorial Day, as our nation honors its unbroken line of fallen heroes -- and I see many of them in the audience here today -- our sense of patriotism is particularly strong."

"Hold on one second, sweetie, we're going to do -- we'll do a press avail." --to a female reporter for ABC's Detroit affiliate who asked about his plan to help American autoworkers (Watch video clip)

"I've now been in 57 states -- I think one left to go." --at a campaign event in Beaverton, Oregon (Watch video clip)

"Why can't I just eat my waffle?" --after being asked a foreign policy question by a reporter while visiting a diner in Pennsylvania

"It's not surprising, then, they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations." --explaining his troubles winning over some working-class voters

"The point I was making was not that Grandmother harbors any racial animosity. She doesn't. But she is a typical white person, who, if she sees somebody on the street that she doesn't know, you know, there's a reaction that's been bred in our experiences that don't go away and that sometimes come out in the wrong way, and that's just the nature of race in our society."

"Come on! I just answered, like, eight questions." --exasperated by reporters after a news conference

"You're likeable enough, Hillary." --during a Democratic debate

"In case you missed it, this week, there was a tragedy in Kansas. Ten thousand people died -- an entire town destroyed." --on a Kansas tornado that killed 12 people

My Tag: 2 Timothy 3:1

Jesus Christ is the ONLY way to Heaven! (John14:6)

Every second 2 people die . . . What if this is your second? 

www.goodpersontest.com

MontanaHatchet said:

The funny thing is that Kazadoom forgot to post this video.

Uh . . . no, he did not say uh.

My Tag: 2 Timothy 3:1

Jesus Christ is the ONLY way to Heaven! (John14:6)

Every second 2 people die . . . What if this is your second? 

www.goodpersontest.com