By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Gears of War 2 outpacing Halo 3 in the UK...

Wow UK loves Gears. But how is it doing in the rest of europe ?

How can you possibly misspell QWERTY? It's spelled correctly on the damn keyboard.

Around the Network

rest of europe is don't matter if you have 400K in UK alone

you see 360 softwafre sales in 'others ' region are pretty good sales for seveal week.

great news for MS in europe region

Based on Chart-Track sales first week sales for UK are at around 250k.

This is 60% of what Halo 3 sold and I don't think it puts it on way to outsell Halo 3. Two days in first week is normal for UK and Gears probably will see more than 50% drop. So it won't equal Halo 3 first week sales even with 2 weeks.

So I guess GEOW 2 has been HUGELY OVER-ESTIMATED so far

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
So I guess LBP has been HUGELY OVER-ESTIMATED so far

Yes :).

Around the Network

@konnichiwa

I wonder if NA's over-estimation is similar if it is....then.....well its bad

I find it FUNNY GEOW 2 sold 2 Million on DAY 1 YET EPIC n cliffy B who LOVES to show off havn't made a single statement....

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Remember Gears2 will not release in Germany so it will be lucky to sell 500k in others.

darthdevidem01 said:
@konnichiwa

I wonder if NA's over-estimation is similar if it is....then.....well its bad

I find it FUNNY GEOW 2 sold 2 Million on DAY 1 YET EPIC n cliffy B who LOVES to show off havn't made a single statement....

same like lbp isn't as huge? bwahaha

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kamil said:
Based on Chart-Track sales first week sales for UK are at around 250k.

This is 60% of what Halo 3 sold and I don't think it puts it on way to outsell Halo 3. Two days in first week is normal for UK and Gears probably will see more than 50% drop. So it won't equal Halo 3 first week sales even with 2 weeks.

Not true at all considering Halo 3 had an additional couple of days of sales in it's launch week. It could be quite close to Halo 3 after the 5/6 day reporting period it had during it's launch week. Nice try though.

HMmm, I'll ask this question here too:

Don't all games launch on the same day in the week? How come Halo 3 had a 5 day first week then?