By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - THE BEST PRESIDENT TO EVER LEAD THE USA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If we are limited to serving presidents, George W. Bush. He completely redefined the role of the President in the US, and the US in the world. Everything was completely horrible and wrong but he woke up much of the electorate. GWB ignited a fire in the liberals, centrists, and moderates while forcing many conservatives to rethink and reevaluate the meaning of conservatism in governing.

Without him, the US would still be ignoring or accepting racially and socially divisive rhetoric of two Americas. Many Americans would still wrongly believe that America can do what it wants around the world.

I'm so thankful we've had such a president who was so sure of himself and dismissive of the dissenting opinion. America will rebound stronger than it would have without a president like George W. Bush.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Around the Network
akuma587 said:
Screw Reagan. Lincoln, Washington, and Jefferson were all pretty good. If I had to pick one I would go with Lincoln. FDR was a pretty important President as well.

Least favorite: Andrew Jackson.

Lincoln and FDR are two of my least favorite presidents. I concur with your disfavor of Jackson. That he openly disregarded the Supreme Court and flouted its authority cannot be overlooked. Washington is to be admired, and I favor Jefferson-even if some of his actions were slightly hypocritical. As I earlier stated, Grover Cleveland receives my vote for best president. He opposed tariffs, advocated non-interventionism, opposed greedy labor unions, and also shared my views on other issues.  

Didn't Andrew Jackson want each state to have its own currency?

I personally hhhhhmmmmm. I'm divided between Tho. Jefferson and Jimmy Carter. The thing is I really like them better for what they have done OUTSIDE of their presidency moreso than when they were in office.

I would say Thomas Jefferson.

As far as Carter goes, he's the only president that I knoe of that ever personally went out and built someone a house.

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

Hmm... at first, I thought, Commando is being silly... Carter? But Commando is right, Carter builds poor people homes with his bear hands.

Around the Network

Yeah I agree with Jackson5050 FDR and Lincoln were Horrible.

Lincoln was the worst President we ever had. He MURDERED American people! left Thousands more to rot in prison WITHOUT a trial! (Yes he openly suspended writ of habeus corpus) among a laundry list of other offenses. He essentially took a shit on our constitution, and the fact ANYBODY reveres him makes me sick to my stomach.

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

Of course you guys would hate Lincoln, he freed the slaves...

steven787 said:
If we are limited to serving presidents, George W. Bush. He completely redefined the role of the President in the US, and the US in the world. Everything was completely horrible and wrong but he woke up much of the electorate. GWB ignited a fire in the liberals, centrists, and moderates while forcing many conservatives to rethink and reevaluate the meaning of conservatism in governing.

Without him, the US would still be ignoring or accepting racially and socially divisive rhetoric of two Americas. Many Americans would still wrongly believe that America can do what it wants around the world.

I'm so thankful we've had such a president who was so sure of himself and dismissive of the dissenting opinion. America will rebound stronger than it would have without a president like George W. Bush.

Interesting viewpoint, and I agree with most of it.

GWB has been one of, if not the, most polarizing presidents in modern history - Love it or hate it. He's stuck to his beliefs no matter the cost. Rather than get a majority opinion, he sought the right opinion - again, love or hate it.

Sometimes, very rarely, but sometimes, the presidency needs different kinds of figures, and GWB was/is a no-nonsense cowboy. And for having gone through some of the most atrocious things a country has ever had to deal with (attack on continental soil, wars, 2 recessions, $4.29/gal gas, housing collapse, incidents with China, and the economic collapse), it's been an interesting ride. He may of not been what America wanted, but I think that in time, we'll realize he was what we needed.

And as a human being, I'd agree that Carter is one of the best. I think his presidency was horrible, but I certainly respect him, and the work he's done after his 4 years in office. No president in the past ~50 years has done what he has after attaining the highest office in the US.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Before I get attacked, I wanted to add:

Lincoln restored the constitution when the ultimate threat to the country was absolved. He didn't use the threat for personal gain, he dealt with it. Lincoln united Republicans and Northern Democrats putting aside anything that got in the way of keeping this country afloat during it's toughest years.

Another president to have done so, denies it and does it in secrecy. He used fear to lead his party faithful to win elections. He exaggerated threats and down-played other national concerns.

Harrison Ford of course!

Peter Sellers is a close 2nd.

Clinton comes 3rd!