By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - True Motion Sensing/Capture

Kytiara said:

If I have to have a blue wall in my house, I'm not going to buy it...sorry =).

You also realise that any system like this would cost way more than the wii as well right? The eye toy thingy isn't anywhere near as good as this.

Having said that, if someone invents a holodeck for 250$, I'm all in!

edit: seriously man...HOLODECK ME!

This isn't something that will ever be in your home.  It's something that may appear in arcades someday though, which will be very cool.

Around the Network

I thought some people, and some PS360 owners said they hated waggling the controller and would rather play a game in peace (ie. without any unnecessary motions, etc.) so why this? O.o;;

EDIT: not that I think there shouldn't be something like that 

I'm an ALIEN!!!! - officially identified as by Konnichiwa

Of course... My English is still... horrible - appreciation and thanks to FJ-Warez  

Brawl FC: 0301-9911-8154

^some people also hated the new 3D graphics for PS1/N64 and wished the 2D graphic era to continue.

tk1797 said:
This is cool and all but it lacks feed back. If i'm going to punch or kick someone, I want to feel like I made contact or if I get hit, I want a sensation to tell that I have been hit (of course, in a manner that dosen't cause any pain). Things like the eyetoy and xbox vision are great and all but I need some sort of force feedback. Also this thread name is going to cause stupid fights between sony and nintendo fanboys.

no pain, no gain... i was going to tell you to go to your local bar and tell the biggest drunk there that he can be your biatch... then you'd get some feedback XD

looks cool, but I can't really do acrobatics, and I won't do anything that close to my HDTV. My brother brought his wii over and I wouldn't even let him get close to it with that.

@naznatips, this would be cool ion an arcade though!

I can't get the video to load, but is that the ninja guy doing flips and shouting for Chi? If it is, that would be awesome at an arcade, but pretty much pointless for a home console.

And I really doubt that that is how gaming should be.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network
naznatips said:
ssj12 said:

Check this out: http://www.guzer.com/videos/awesome_vr_game.php

this is how gaming should be going (see previous arguements).

Going by this, the PlayStation Eye is closer to this tech then the Nintendo Wii. This would be a way more fun way to play games.

The PSEye is no closer to doing this than the Wiimote. Why does every single thing you find on the internet have to be made into a way you think the PS3 is better than the Wii? Also, this is REALLY old.

umm yes it is.... 

PSeye                          VR Motion/Sound Cap
       Motion Capture:    Check                                  Check
       Fast Capture:            -                                      Check      
       Sound Capture:     Check                                  Check
 Capture full motion:        -                                       Check
Capture Minor motion:  Check                                  Check     

The PS Eye is a few steps below but it is in the evolutionary path to that. And yes its old but hey its still more advanced tech. 

Yes i know that was a horrid chart but for a 2 second type up it shows some of the differences.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

ssj12 said:
naznatips said:
ssj12 said:

Going by this, the PlayStation Eye is closer to this tech then the Nintendo Wii. This would be a way more fun way to play games.

The PSEye is no closer to doing this than the Wiimote. Why does every single thing you find on the internet have to be made into a way you think the PS3 is better than the Wii? Also, this is REALLY old.

umm yes it is....

PSeye VR Motion/Sound Cap
Motion Capture: Check Check
Fast Capture: - Check
Sound Capture: Check Check
Capture full motion: - Check
Capture Minor motion: Check Check

The PS Eye is a few steps below but it is in the evolutionary path to that. And yes its old but hey its still more advanced tech.

Yes i know that was a horrid chart but for a 2 second type up it shows some of the differences.

Whoa wait take a lot of steps back.  You are making some big jumps.

Just because it can capture motion doesn't mean it can translate motion into any sort of 3 dimensional object.  So far the PS3 eye has only been able to sense simple movement, not full body range motion.  This is thousands of miles away.  The Wiimote has a mic chip in it too, so yeah, Motion, minor motion, fast motion, and sound are all captured by the Wiimote.  This is no more like the PSeye than a digital camera.  The technology is enormously different.  It's like comparing the Power Glove to the Wiimote.  There are similar functions (losely) but very very different technologies involved.

ssj12 said:
naznatips said:
ssj12 said:

umm yes it is....

Can a PSeye detect depth at all? If not its pretty much useless for anything other than a 2D side scrolling type game.

The PSeye is a more niche market in my opinion, it works with a few select types of games (such as this one). The Wiimote (and indeed the sixaxis to a lesser extent) are more versitile, they can be used for racing games RPG's, FPS, party games - pretty much everything.

Rath said:
ssj12 said:
naznatips said:
ssj12 said:

umm yes it is....

Can a PSeye detect depth at all? If not its pretty much useless for anything other than a 2D side scrolling type game.

The PSeye is a more niche market in my opinion, it works with a few select types of games (such as this one). The Wiimote (and indeed the sixaxis to a lesser extent) are more versitile, they can be used for racing games RPG's, FPS, party games - pretty much everything.

look at what the PSEye does in Eye of Judgment. It renders a 3D creature out of a card, then if you make the motions around where the creature is, on screen it will make it seem like your petting or hitting your creature. Id say it picks up some depth of motion. 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

ssj12 said:
Rath said:
ssj12 said:
naznatips said:
ssj12 said:

umm yes it is....

look at what the PSEye does in Eye of Judgment. It renders a 3D creature out of a card, then if you make the motions around where the creature is, on screen it will make it seem like your petting or hitting your creature. Id say it picks up some depth of motion.

Actually that's more proof to my point.  The program that made the monster react in Eye of Judgement clearly was not targeting anything but a motion nearby the card.  It could not sense the size or even exact location of the object, just the presence of motion.