By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What series do you predict will switch consoles this generation?

Nonquihote said:
naznatips said:
Nonquihote said:

FF13/Versus are not going anywhere.

Future F13 games can be multi if they are on UR3 engine but i doubt it.

If MGS sales enough on PS3 its not going anywhere, MGs on xbox were failures.

Most 3rd party games will be multi, with old big franchises on Ps3/360 and spin offs and party/casual stuff on the wii.

Dead rising2 Lost Planet2wil be multui, trusty bell AC6 will go multi.

I fixed it for you. Most new big IPs in 2008 and beyond will be on the Wii. This is to be expected as the Wiimote isn't going to work well for ALL old games (it will work for some) so they will for the majority remain on the 360 and PS3. I expect to see a lot of new IPs and franchises started on the Wii though built from the ground up around it's controls.

Unless you consider boogie a big ip, no they wont.

We arent even seeing any big new ips from nintendo, yet you expect that from 3rd aprty?

I recomend reading before you post.  It helps when you are on a game forum.  I highlighted your mistake.  Because of the Wii being an unpredictable success it's unreasonable to expect strong developer support in the first year when all the developers predicted that the safe money was with the PS3 and 360.  All you are seeing right now are quick cash-ins (with the exception of those games that were started before the Wii was successful like NiGHTS and No More Heroes).  Of course, I'm predicting the future, which is completely uncertain.  That's just my opinion on the likely progress of development.

Around the Network
vizunary said:
naznatips said:

I fixed it for you. Most new big IPs in 2008 and beyond will be on the Wii.

Yes, true... the Wii will get ever game you could possibly title Wii-whatever =p

They will probably get more than any other, but will they be good? you know not all Wii games are sic right?

Do not discount either Sony's or MS's 1st/2nd party IPs.

Yeah I edited my original post to clarify my expectations. Of course, again, this is predicting the future, so I'm just presenting my opinion based on the current sales and my expectations of their results. In no way am saying that I'm 100% certain that I'm right nor saying that everyone else is wrong. No one will really know until the time comes :)

naznatips said:

I recomend reading before you post. It helps when you are on a game forum. I highlighted your mistake. Because of the Wii being an unpredictable success it's unreasonable to expect strong developer support in the first year when all the developers predicted that the safe money was with the PS3 and 360. All you are seeing right now are quick cash-ins (with the exception of those games that were started before the Wii was successful like NiGHTS and No More Heroes). Of course, I'm predicting the future, which is completely uncertain. That's just my opinion on the likely progress of development.

Dev time whatever, an announcment would not kill em if they were making those big ips.  I believe 3rd party devs still just dont know wtf to make on the wii, and they are more in touch with the 360/Ps3 demographic then the wiis. 

Nonquihote said:
naznatips said:

I recomend reading before you post. It helps when you are on a game forum. I highlighted your mistake. Because of the Wii being an unpredictable success it's unreasonable to expect strong developer support in the first year when all the developers predicted that the safe money was with the PS3 and 360. All you are seeing right now are quick cash-ins (with the exception of those games that were started before the Wii was successful like NiGHTS and No More Heroes). Of course, I'm predicting the future, which is completely uncertain. That's just my opinion on the likely progress of development.

Dev time whatever, an announcment would not kill em if they were making those big ips. I believe 3rd party devs still just dont know wtf to make on the wii, and they are more in touch with the 360/Ps3 demographic then the wiis.

I actually agree with you completely here, and in fact developers HAVE all announced that the Wii is their focus this generation, you just haven't seen any results because they didn't anounce this till a few months ago.  It's not very often that games are announced without a single screenshot or video or anything to show.   I also agree with you that they aren't sure what to make of the Wii yet, that's why you see a lot of companies sort of testing it with games like Soul Calibur Legends and Resident Evil 4 Wiimake (and RE:UC).  

naznatips said:

Disney signed an exclusivity contract with Nintendo at the end of 2006, long after the release of KH2.  I'm not sure what this means for established franchises like KH though.  Anyway, the spinoff of KH is what we will be seeing at TGS soon, and I expect it to be on PS3 because Nomura was saying the graphics were impressive.

Link please.  I know Disney set up a studio to make games for Nintendo's consoles (they have other development studios as well) but I never heard that they signed an exclusivity contract with Nintendo.

Around the Network
Legend11 said:
naznatips said:

Disney signed an exclusivity contract with Nintendo at the end of 2006, long after the release of KH2.  I'm not sure what this means for established franchises like KH though.  Anyway, the spinoff of KH is what we will be seeing at TGS soon, and I expect it to be on PS3 because Nomura was saying the graphics were impressive.

Link please.  I know Disney set up a studio to make games for Nintendo's consoles (they have other development studios as well) but I never heard that they signed an exclusivity contract with Nintendo.

They did, I posted a link on another thread a while ago, Im a little lazzy to look but the article stated that disney signed an exclusive contract to make games only on nintendo platforms. Since square made the game, I really dont know what will happen with the 3rd install meant of the franchise.

mM
Legend11 said:
naznatips said:

Disney signed an exclusivity contract with Nintendo at the end of 2006, long after the release of KH2. I'm not sure what this means for established franchises like KH though. Anyway, the spinoff of KH is what we will be seeing at TGS soon, and I expect it to be on PS3 because Nomura was saying the graphics were impressive.

Link please. I know Disney set up a studio to make games for Nintendo's consoles (they have other development studios as well) but I never heard that they signed an exclusivity contract with Nintendo.

Oops your right, I thought Disney Interactive Studios (the Disney's development studio and the ones who did KH) had become Fall Lines Studio (the Nintendo exclusive content studio), but Fall Lines is actually a branch of Disney for Nintendo games only. So you're correct, Disney Interactive continues to exist and has no exclusivity contracts. So there wouldn't be any effect on KH.

Does that include the Disney-Pixar games? So in theory, the next pixar licensed game will only appear on Wii?

I'll stick to stuff that people didn't mention yet:

- Bioshock goes multiplatform after some time on 360.
- Next Lost Planet is multiplatform and it isn't a shooter but an RTS game (not kidding)
-MGS 4 stays PS3 exclusive, but MGO is both on 360 and PS3.
- Ninja Gaiden 2 is gonna be multiplatform. Not at launch but after a short time (1 year max) on PS3.
- DOA 5, or whatever the next DOA is, will be multiplatform.
- Tekken 6 might go multiplatform but I'm not sure yet (25% chance)

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Nintendo's best exclusives are all first party. I can say that I am sorry that Banjo Kazooie left last gen, and Perfect Dark. Also sad that Factor 5 made a dragon game instead of Rogue Squadron. LOL.