By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What series do you predict will switch consoles this generation?

We all saw Assasin's Creed and Devil May Cry lose exclusitivity, but what other game series do you predict, will switch to what consoles?

-I think KH3 will be on Wii.
-Final Fantasy XIII may lose exclusitivity (Microsoft has said it is a top priority to get it, and the series has switched in the past from nintendo).  And Final Fantasy XIV will definitely not be exclusive. 
-late release of Bioshock for ps3
-Disgaea 3 for X360
-late MGS4 release for x360

Around the Network

I'd put FFXIV on the Wii or DS and KH3 on the Wii. I'm increasingly tempted to predict FFXIII on the Wii - they're already looking at a holiday '08 or even '09 release for the PS3 game. They could scrap the project, make it on the Wii, and sell at least twice as many copies at less than twice the cost, releasing on schedule in holiday '08.

I'm thinking that Square is looking really closely at DQ: Swords and FF:CC.

I dont agree with you in the bottom one.

-lost planet2 will be ported to ps3
-Gta5 will come out on the wii
-kh2.5 or.5 will be released on the psp or ds
-kh3 will come out on the wii only or ps3 only.
^ ^ ^ ^
This due to the fact that disney will only develop for nintendo consoles.

mM

I think, at the current rate, most major 3p series will put at least a side story on Wii (ala RE:UC), and most currently exclusive to 360 or PS3 will hop to the other to maximize profit.

This thread is... interesting.

Considering you worded: Switch console, I would say multi-plat would not count.
Thus, I'll just go with KH3 on Wii.

Around the Network

DQ has already switched and i would say KH3 on the Wii.Thats it some might go multiplat but i think all the ones that could have or want to have already.
@Silversen:
I will hold you to your prediction(possibly hope)that MGS4 will be a late release on the X360 and that FFXIII will lose exclusivity.Microsoft would have to give Square-Enix an awful lot of money for that game considering it is aimed at the Japanese and the X360 is doing very poorly in Japan.

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

PS3 lost exclusives:

KH3 - exclusive to DS
MGS4 - released ~ 5-6 months later on 360

360 lost exclusives:

Dead Rising 2 - Simultaneous 360/PS3 release
Ace Combat 6 - released ~5-6 months later on PS3

Wii lost exclusives:

Ninjabread Man - released ~4-5 months later on 360... joke ;)
Manhunt 2 - released 6-7 months later on 360

@ Donwii: switch or exclusive loss, title should have included that.

@ mitsuhide I stand by my statement that FFXIII MAY lose exclusitivity, but that could be to either microsoft or nintendo ( I doubt both.) And Microsoft has a lot of money to give, and has proven in the past it isn't against dumping it into a long term video game investment with doubtful returns (it has lost billions already in the video game industry). I'd argue FF to be the single most likely franchise to make Japanese gamers buy the X360.

@Silversen:
I doubt Square-Enix would take the main FF BACK to Nintendo they started a spinoff series FF:CC on the GC and the sequel will be on the Wii aswell has an exclusive.FFXIV might go multiplat but ONLY if X360 sells more than 2million in Japan atleast otherwise it will stay a PS exclusive and FF:CC will stay a Nintendo exclusive that way all the people who chose the right consoles get some good FF action.

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

Having FF:CC on Wii in no way impairs Square from also putting a mainline FF on a nintendo console.