By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Anyone else have a dream about playing video games?

So I passed out drunk today after a few friends came over and we had a bunch of whiskey shots.  During my mid day slumber I dreamed of playing the mid 90s Bill Walsh College Football.  I am pretty sure either me or the computer I was playing against was Florida State because I remember the fight song being played.  I am pretty sure I ended up winning and I think I even scored a late touchdown QB sneak up the middle even though a TD wasn't even needed.  I think it was a no mercy (run up the score) touchdown like Texas Tech did to A&M this year.  While all the A&M fans cried foul and forgot that the sport was football which means that you can score however many points that you want.  Anyways, this was probably one of the last games I bought made by EA but apparently it is still imbeded in my mind.  I did enjoy it a lot and even had the EA sport multiplayer adapter for the Sega Genesis to allow 4 player matches (Used mainly for another EA game: General Chaos).  I suppose my supressed found memories drove this to the focus of my dream today, or maybe it was my brain telling me to give EA another chance?  I was kind of interested in Boom Blox...  Anyways, I know how weird dreams get so I wanted to hear if anyone else had a crazy dream about playing a game from the past or current game.  I think I have played enough video games / thought about them today so I am going to go watch Donnie Brasco for now. 

PS...  I Loved General Chaos!!!!!!!!

Around the Network

no but then again I'm normal.

I have dreamt of gaming, though in the "Tetris Affect" sort of way. With both Metroid Prime 3 and Meteos, I ended up having several restless nights dreaming of playing the games. I woke up a once feeling like I'd just accomplished a ton of stuff in MP3 only to realize I'd dreamed it all.

Meteos dreams got so bad that I completely stopped playing the game anywhere near bedtime because I'd be at that half-awake, half-asleep point damn near all night sliding stupid little blocks around. A couple times, it got so bad that I was actively trying not to think of the game because it was preventing me from actually sleeping. I tossed and turned a lot at that point.

Resident_Hazard said:
I have dreamt of gaming, though in the "Tetris Affect" sort of way. With both Metroid Prime 3 and Meteos, I ended up having several restless nights dreaming of playing the games. I woke up a once feeling like I'd just accomplished a ton of stuff in MP3 only to realize I'd dreamed it all.

Meteos dreams got so bad that I completely stopped playing the game anywhere near bedtime because I'd be at that half-awake, half-asleep point damn near all night sliding stupid little blocks around. A couple times, it got so bad that I was actively trying not to think of the game because it was preventing me from actually sleeping. I tossed and turned a lot at that point.

I love repitive skill based games like Melee, Mario Kart, Tertis, Geometry Wars ect, but I have probelms sleepingas well if I play any of thos game for more than 5 hours in one day; especially teris. Horrible, HORRIBLE moving black dreams >.< Geometry Wars is pretty bad; I can fall asleep at least but the sleep is terrible.  don't play geo wars or aything else like that for more than 3 hours a day now.

Oh, there was this weird one I had once that mashed a bunch of video games I played earlier into a fraked up crossover with Serenity. I was Mr. Universe from Serenity, KOS-MOS was my love-bot (Hey, he had one in the movie) and Noriko killed me with her sword. And the big secret locked inside River Tam's mind was that she was actually a Terminator.

Around the Network

Probably once but i don't remember.

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

The Tetris Effect
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetris_effect

Oh dude! All the time! both regular and the day kind.

I really love it when my dreams mix the games too. Like I've had dreams where it's WoW but with the CoH GUI.

I have had A LOT of VG dreams. I've dremt of how to solve puzzles in games I was playing. Wake up then find out it works!

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

I thought that the times (like right now) I'm not spending playing games is really just a "dream".

You mean my videogame life isn't real?! This world I'm in right now isn't just a dream?!

Beja-Beja said:
no but then again I'm normal.

I bet you're part of the ignorant group that thinks you need to be completely obsessed with somethin just to dream about it.

http://soundcloud.com/cathode

PSN: Parasitic_Link