By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Bungie and Microsoft Drifting Apart

montrealsoon said:
ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:
i highly doubt it, m$ has the 1st option to publish any game bungie makes. that was in their agreement to become a independant studio, so i think if bungie wanted to go to other consoles, they could get sued my m$ for breach of contract.

Well, if BUNGIE designed a PS3 game, MS would get 1st option to publish it.

I haven't read that '1st option to publish' means 'forcing devlopment platform'...

And then MS could bury the game. It happens in other industries all the time.

It's not in either Bungie's nor MS's interests to push the subject. Bungie has become a very successful developer for the Xbox. MS has made a lot of money from them. Don't expect that to change any time soon.

The only non-Xbox platform I see MS giving Bungie the go ahead to develop for is the DS.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network

Bungie and M$ aren't going anywhere...they have made alot of money together and I don't see that changing anytime soon...sorry PS3 fanboys, but no halo-like games for you.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

good PS is in need of good games :D

just kidding guys.... I think if it's more profitable for them that they should go for it... a wealthy studio is one that can make more games of hire quality if they want.... good for us gamers