By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - And she was almost our VP ...

From Huffington Post on Palin:

The shocker - this is just scary:

Palin Didn't Know Africa Is A Continent, Says Fox News Reporter (VIDEO)

Now that the 2008 election is over, reporters are spilling all the juciest, and previously off the record, gossip from the campaign trail. Much of it is about the infighting between Palin and McCain's staff, as Newsweek's treasure trove of post-election gossip reveals. However, perhaps one of the most astounding and previously unknown tidbits about Sarah Palin has to do with her already dubious grasp of geography. According to Fox News Chief White House Correspondent Carl Cameron, there was great concern within the McCain campaign that Palin lacked "a degree of knowledgeability necessary to be a running mate, a vice president, a heartbeat away from the presidency," in part because she didn't know which countries were in NAFTA, and she "didn't understand that Africa was a continent, rather than a series, a country just in itself."

***UPDATE*** Fox News Chief Political Correspondent Carl Cameron appeared on The O'Reilly Factor tonight and described in much fuller detail the truly astonishing behavior, and lack of knowledge, of Sarah Palin on the campaign trail, as well as the nasty infighting that resulted from, some would say, Palin's "diva" behavior. (Earlier today, Palin said reports of her "diva" behavior and any tension within the campaign were "absolutely false.")

Cameron relates how McCain aides were terrified of Palin's lack of knowledge of international and national issues, and even basic civics. Cameron reports that Palin was unfamiliar with the concept of "American exceptionalism," and that not only did she not understand that Africa was a continent rather than a single country but also that during debate prep Palin was unable to name all the nations in North America.

Palin was apparently a nightmare for her campaign staff to deal with. She refused preparation help for her interview with Katie Couric and then blamed her staff, specifically Nicole Wallace, when the interview was rightly panned as a disaster. After the Couric interview, Palin turned nasty with her staff and began to accuse them of mishandling her. Palin would view press clippings of herself in the morning and throw "tantrums" over the negative coverage. There were times when she would be so nasty and angry that her staff was reduced to tears.

Source: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/11/05/palin-didnt-know-africa-i_n_141653.html

and this ... for the folks who thinks she's hot - mental imagery optional.

Palin Once Greeted McCain Staff Wearing Only A Towel

At the GOP convention in St. Paul, Palin was completely unfazed by the boys' club fraternity she had just joined. One night, Steve Schmidt and Mark Salter went to her hotel room to brief her. After a minute, Palin sailed into the room wearing nothing but a towel, with another on her wet hair. She told them to chat with her laconic husband, Todd. "I'll be just a minute," she said.

Source: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/11/05/palin-once-greeted-mccain_n_141394.html

Around the Network

Wow.. I'm glad McCain/Palin lost. The woman is hardly qualified to be a governor. She probably would have been worse than Chenney.

Pixel Art can be fun.

FOX NEWS: Palin didn't know Africa was a continent.

To all Palin-defenders, I TOLD YOU SO. Woman is retarded. Didn't need coaching? MWAHAHAHAH.

(Damn madskillz, I was just about to start this thread.)

Man, Fox News is turning on its own...they must smell blood in the water and figure might as well join in now that the election is over.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Say what you will about Cheney, but the man is not a moron.

Anyways, I am not surprised at Palin's geographical ignorance. Many Americans have a general lack of knowledge regarding geography. I remember a few years ago discussing at a benefit dinner which nations were the happiest. When I said Bhutan was one of the happiest nations in the world, the people I was conversing with had no idea where Bhutan was located. Of course, the location of Bhutan is more obscure than the knowledge that Africa is a continent.

Around the Network

what funny she represent a good part of the population.

i lived a year in the us.. and i was talking in spanish with my cousin and this woman around 20-30 years old comes to me and says:

she: oh so you speak mexican!.
me:no it's not mexican it's called spanish, i am from panama
she: oh yeah i knew that, panama city, florida?
me: no, panamy city, panama in central america.
she: is that part of mexico?

/me facepalms

for some reason she thought america was (canada, usa and mexico)
and everything south of usa is mexico or rather known as latin america.

lol, that's hilarious

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

hearsay. inadmissible. *bangs gavel*

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

i also find in very interesting that fox news suddenly becomes a paragon of truth just because they say something you like.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Maybe Fox News immediately became a paragon of truth because they won't be getting talking points directly from the White House anymore?