By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - And she was almost our VP ...

well she's still a milf... and her daughter is hot to... >_

Around the Network

Palin has an approval rating of 80-90%. Find me someone that has anything near it, I think she is the most popular governor in the country.

Wow.

She has to have been the worst decision that the McCain camp ever made.

slimeattack said:
Palin has an approval rating of 80-90%. Find me someone that has anything near it, I think she is the most popular governor in the country.

It seems this is no longer true, it went down to 68% in October (who knows where it is now):

http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003856855

By the way, in my own country there are also a few populist politicians who have high approval ratings despite being slimebags (accused in cases of corruption, abuse of power and even aggression). Like Palin, they usually govern small and sometimes remote populations. Coincidence or not? You decide.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

well it would make sense that her approval rating would have gone down during the election. you cant really expect that most her opponents supporters would say shes doing a good job.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Around the Network
numonex said:
Russia is next door to Alaska. You must have very good eye sight to see Russia from Alaska they are separated by 3000+ miles of ocean.

Guess Who is more ignorant, Gov. Palin, or you.  I pulled this tid bit for you after 5 minutes of looking up.

In her Sept. 11 interview with ABC's Charlie Gibson, Sarah Palin had this to say about Russia: "They're our next-door neighbors, and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska." Yes. Russia and Alaska are divided by the Bering Strait, which is about 55 miles at its narrowest point. In the middle of the Bering Strait are two small, sparsely populated islands: Big Diomede, which sits in Russian territory, and Little Diomede, which is part of the United States. At their closest, these two islands are a little less than two and a half miles apart, which means that, on a clear day, you can definitely see one from the other. (To see the view of Big Diomede from Little Diomede, check out this webcam.) The Diomede Islands are often blanketed by persistent fog, which makes visibility difficult. On a clear day, though, a person standing at sea level can see a little less than three miles across the ocean. You can see farther if you go higher—at the highest altitude on Little Diomede (919 feet), you can see for about 37 miles. (Between mid-December and mid-June, when the water between the two islands freezes, an intrepid explorer can just walk from one to the other.)

The tactical importance of this proximity is debatable, however: Big Diomede has no permanent population though it does house an important weather station. Alaskans can, however, see into the future from Little Diomede since Big Diomede (or Ratmanov Island, as it's known to the Russians) is on the other side of the International Date Line.

You can also see Russia from other points in Alaska. According to a New York Times article written in the waning years of the Cold War (when the Alaska-Siberia border was known as the "Ice Curtain"), if you stand on high ground on the tip of St. Lawrence Island—a larger Alaskan island in the Bering Sea, southwest of the Diomedes—you can see the Russian mainland, about 37 miles away. The same article claims that you can see Russia from the Tin City Air Force facility at Cape Prince of Wales, which is the westernmost point of the mainland Americas. The station chief at Tin City confirms that, for roughly half the year, you can see Siberian mountain ranges from the highest part of the facility.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Hillbilly1371, Sun 26 October 2008 09:10

Hey the countries of North America is tricker then you might think.

I mean, try naming them all right now without looking it up.

Then look it up and be surprised that there are more then 5.

(Most people not likely realizing there are more then 4.)

The U.S., the U.S.A., the United States, the Yukon, and Latin America. BOOM!

The Ghost of RubangB said:
The U.S., the U.S.A., the United States, the Yukon, and Latin America. BOOM!

All the latin American states are the ones people are likely to miss since some people forget that Central America is part of north america.

Them and Greenland. 

Everyone misses Greenland.

Except people who play RISK anyway.

everyone misses france as well

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur