By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - World at War beta now available to everyone on Live

Great news for those of you who are on the fence about Call of Duty: World at War. The beta which was previously available only to those of us who were given keys has now gone completely public on Xbox Live. If you head down to the marketplace and go to the recent demos section, you can see for yourself if Treyarch have done a good job building upon the foundations set by Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.

I recently started playing the PC beta and though the game is solid, I feel Treyarch didn’t make much effort to improve anything. Though this is an unfair accusation, I can never help feeling that this is just a re-skinned COD4. The online co-op and vehicles are interesting additions, but I was holding my breathe for a new experience, not something that resembles an expansion pack.

Give it a spin and drop a comment; do you think World at War is fresh enough to persuade players’ migration from Modern Warfare, or is Gears of War 2 going to do what Halo couldn’t by dominating it in the Xbox Live activity charts?

I am gonna give this a go round.

Around the Network

I was going to download this, but I forgot. I'll get back on later and get it.

great news i will down load tomorrow

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3

i might aswell download it

I triedto get it but Lego Batman took to much space and now I don't have the room. :(

Around the Network

DLing now :)

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Played it last night at my friends, was fun... basically COD4's multiplayer with a WWII skin. I guess Treyarch went with the old "if it ain't broke don't fix it" attitude when approaching this game. I'll hold off on this game for a bit until it drops in price... Gears 2, Banjo and Left 4 Dead all coming out within a week of each other is gonna put a serious damper on my time and wallet.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Are there any plans to do the same with the PC version?

I've recently upgraded to 4GB Ram and a 9800GT, knowing that CoD:WaW is gonna be a Windows Live title has me interested on trying it on the PC rather than the 360... I'm glad I did the same for Fallout 3, more excuses to do the same would be great heh

It.s downloading at the minute. Thanks jagged.

I played it last night good game very fun, the BETA sold it for me, i will be buying this.

Owner of PS3, Wii, Xbox360, NDS, PSP - Feel Free to add me on PSN or XBL :)