By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ocarina of Time approaching its 10 year anniversary!

They better not release this or MM on DS. Leave the games great how they were. They dont need to be remade/ported to DS.

Nintendo will do nothing for the anniversary. Its the anniversary of a game not the series so dont get your hopes up.

Around the Network

Well, congrats to OoT. I still think that the game is a bit overrated. A great game, no doubt about it, but I've found nothing in it that made me "WOW!", in fact in some parts it turned pretty dull, and I didn't like Adult Link at all. An 8/10 in my books. At least it's my take

bardicverse said:
huh, and I always attributed it to being released in 97.. weird.

it was suppost to come out in 97 but it got delayed, i was one of the crying fanboys back then

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434

@Zexen I agree it is overrated, but I would at least give it a 9/10. Imo MM, and Alltp are much much much better. And a few other games just surpass it. But then again I also think FFVII is overrated compared to other Final Fantasy's so maybe its just the transition to 3d that makes people feel the games are amazing, while other who didn't really care about the transition to 3d like myself don't. Still a great game though. Hopefully Nintendo does do something for its anniversary.

To notice the true beauty of the game, you had to have played the old games. The leap from 2D to 3D was a huge thing back then! As a kid, it was impressive. That's probably why you didn't enjoy it much zexen, but that's my take on it. If you played the game after playing a bunch of Final Fantasy or other 3D games, yeah, you'd think it's just a normal 3D game when you're into this generation now or whatever. That's why you have to think about the time frame when the game got released and what it did to the gaming community as a whole.

It's just pure nostalgia going back at the game every single time (I usually do a run every year, hehe)! Here's hoping Nintendo at least announces a new Zelda.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Around the Network

@SHMUPGurus "Here's hoping Nintendo at least announces a new Zelda"

At least? That is the best possible thing they can do.

SHMUPGurus said:

To notice the true beauty of the game, you had to have played the old games. The leap from 2D to 3D was a huge thing back then! As a kid, it was impressive. That's probably why you didn't enjoy it much zexen, but that's my take on it. If you played the game after playing a bunch of Final Fantasy or other 3D games, yeah, you'd think it's just a normal 3D game when you're into this generation now or whatever. That's why you have to think about the time frame when the game got released and what it did to the gaming community as a whole.

It's just pure nostalgia going back at the game every single time (I usually do a run every year, hehe)! Here's hoping Nintendo at least announces a new Zelda.

Yeah, you're probably right. I had already played Suikoden II, Final Fantasy VII, Tekken 3 and many more unforgettable games from the PSX, so when I played OoT I just found a good game with an amazing weapon (the boomerang), a forgettable story and some memorable dungeons

sc94597 said:
@SHMUPGurus "Here's hoping Nintendo at least announces a new Zelda"

At least? That is the best possible thing they can do.

Haha, yeah. I said ''at least'' because like Valkyria said, it isn't the Zelda series' anniversary, but just a single game from it. It's probably not that important to their eyes.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

3 words:

Best Game Ever

I'm just about to start Majora's Mask.
Is it any good?

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS