By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Have fanboys put you off buying their console for life?

There's actually ppl who care about what fanboys say? Really?

Around the Network

Nope. The inverse hapenned once though (fanboy made me buy a PS1, thankfully).

Bet - "PES 2009 (PS3) will sell (closer to) 150k first week in Japan" - Pooperscopper
"It will sell closer to 125k" - Me I agree.
ME = OWNED :(

End of '09 Predictions:

Wii: 78 million
X360: 35 million
PS3: 27 million

i gave into xb360 fanboys and got the 360. i feel terrible about it.

I went out of my way to actually buy my 360 from a 360-fanboy friend who works in retail.

bongo1 said:

Now I can't speak for any other console as I own a 360 only but I would say "I will NEVER buy a PS3" not because it's a bad machine etc but because it would make me feel like the fanboys would belive that they partly convinced me into buying One and in some weird way they would think they were victorious and that makes me cringe.

I think this could be another reason why the Wii sells so well....Less fanboys more game playing....

Remember I own a 360 so I am speaking from a 360 perspective only...

I lol'ed

Around the Network

It wouldn't effect me at all, since before the PS3's introduction all kinds of 360 fanboy crap floated around. Rumour spreading of PS3s not being able to handle 1080p games to even PS3s burning down houses. Yes, it's amusingly pathetic but wouldn't have stopped me from keeping a 360 if it didn't break down on me, wouldn't have been as noisy and in some ways handicapped.

As I and fellow tech writers digged deep into the PS3's specs (especially regarding the Cell), it was funny to read so many technical perspectives and it was funny the 360 fans nearly always got it wrong, nomatter if they talked about Blu-Ray, the Cell processor, system bandwidth, RAM, etc, etc. As a tech writer it was quite amazing to me how some people were able to be 100% wrong all of the time while formulating what they state as being factual most of the time... What I disliked though, is if you correct many of them with the correct data they often become rude and start name calling...

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Lolcislaw said:
I do find some Sony Fanboys irrational and slightly annoying at some times, but that wouldnt be a reason why i wouldnt buy this product, there are other reasons (price, or my taste in games).

Quoted for fucking truth.

MikeB, what exactly is the point of all that? We don't want to start a war of which console has better specs...

But to answer the thread, fanboys have not put me off. If fanboys ever made someone not want to buy a console then you'd have none sold, because fanboys exist for each one.

What you're saying is that you will never buy a PS3 because it will make the fanboys think they convince you?

I'm sorry but that reasoning doesn't sit too well with me.

Fuck the fanboys, they will always be there. Do what you want.

perpride said:

What you're saying is that you will never buy a PS3 because it will make the fanboys think they convince you?

I'm sorry but that reasoning doesn't sit too well with me.

Fuck the fanboys, they will always be there. Do what you want.

It has more to do with, fanboys talking it about so much, it makes you hate it.

My Norweigean friend made me hate Norway for quite a while, he would always describe it as some kind of Utopia. He stopped now, and I like Norway again :3

Bet - "PES 2009 (PS3) will sell (closer to) 150k first week in Japan" - Pooperscopper
"It will sell closer to 125k" - Me I agree.
ME = OWNED :(

End of '09 Predictions:

Wii: 78 million
X360: 35 million
PS3: 27 million