By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Its been 2 years now, is it still hard to find a WII ??

It just made me wonder is the WII still sold-out everywhere even after two years on the shelves ?If so why isn't Nintendo doing anything to fix this problem ?

I'm actually looking at futureshop and bestbuy in my area and it says they have none in stock, who the hell buy all those consoles anyways and even at the same price as a 360, at this rate I don't think we'll see a price cut anytime soon....

My favorite games for this gen:

1. Gears of War    2. MGS4    3. Killzone 2   4. Halo 3(Underated by many)      5. Mass Effect

Around the Network

i've never walked into a store and saw a wii.

never. doubt i will anytime soon.

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask is the best Zelda title ever made.

"The Person Who Got the Closest to Winning the 1st VGC VC Giveaway, but still lost"

i've only seen one in stores twice. Once my friend and someone else picked up the only copies left that day. The other time was a couple months ago on sunday when shipments come in. Next day was there again and no wii's.

So from my experience they don't last more than a day.

when i bought mine it was the last one. =)

The demand is still just that high. At the Target I work at we had 12 in stock Sunday morning and by noon we were sold out.

CIHYFS?

Around the Network

the way sales are going up and down it must be to a certain extent. Whether it sells out halfway through the week or the first hour, it's still supply constrained in america.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

I don't know? Why not go into a major retailer and find out? In the area where I live, the demand is alittle of both. In one place it's no where to be found (sold out obviously) and in another it's in abundance (maybe like 10-12 in stock or whatever but in stock none the less).

Nintendo has been cranking out almost 2.5 million of these things per months for how long now?  Wii's are out there, trust me!

You just gotta know where to look and it wouldn't hurt to do research to find out where they are at the most (Nintendo World in NYC or other major Wii retailer, etc.)

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY

RolStoppable said:
Nintendo increased production to 2.4m Wiis per month to fix the problem. Unfortunately, at the same time they also increased demand for the system by releasing damn fine games.

Yep, that's pretty much it.  Here at the Kmart I work at we got 10 in (a miracle for us), and an hour after we opened, our poor little Kmart sold them all.  At Kmart, in an hour!

Okami

To lavish praise upon this title, the assumption of a common plateau between player and game must be made.  I won't open my unworthy mouth.

Christian (+50).  Arminian(+20). AG adherent(+20). YEC(+20). Pre-tribulation Pre-milleniumist (+10).  Republican (+15) Capitalist (+15).  Pro-Nintendo (+5).  Misc. stances (+30).  TOTAL SCORE: 195
  http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=43870 <---- Fun theology quiz

I'll let you know after I finish selling these 12 this christmas :)

Currently playing: Civ 6

I've walked into a store several times and seen them. Overall they usually sell out pretty fast, but if I didn't have one I could buy one pretty easily.

~Currently Playing Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank: FTOD, and Resistance: Retribution~