By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Metal Gear Solid 4 on X-Box 360.

That... wasnt funny?

Around the Network
Maverick Hunter Z said:

Wow, this forum allows this kind of stuff? Crazy place. First one was funny, but a poorly drawn South Park Comic? What are you 12? If you can afford a PS3 how about puting some of that money towards standards. Oh snap! Now that's comedy.

Here is what is going to happen (My prediction):

- (Present) People deny MGS4 will ever come 360 while believing Kojima's claims it might not even fit on one Blu-Ray disc.

- (Future) MGS4 comes out on PS3, everyone rejoices (Game sells little over a million copies)

- MGS4 officially announced for 360 (Possible a "substance" version, you know, exactly like how it happened for MGS2 and MGS3 yet everyone still said it wasn't going to then either).

- People recant thier bullshit of saying it could never happen, but still predict it will be 5-10 discs and of course, will suck compared to teh elite PS-triple version.

- MGS4 for 360 is announced as being only 2 (possibly 1) discs

- People call shenanigans and say they must have cut out a whole bunch and continue to bash it while dancing around with their PS3's over their heads.

- MGS4 is released for 360 on 2 (possibly 1) discs and is just fine, later confirmed that the PS3 version used uncompressed data or redundant data to fill up the extra space on the PS3 Blu-Ray disc or didn't fully utilize the alleged space at all. Nobody owns up to their bullshit, everyone pretends they never said it couldn't happen. The graphics were never that impressive for a PS3 game anyway.

- PS3 fanboys (like my brother) will pretend then that MGS4 never mattered that much as a game to the PS3 and will site how poorly the previous games did and say that you're being foolish for expecting this one to sell any better or not be on a Microsoft console.

- Life will go on and FFXIII will become the next target of heated debate.

Now I agree and that was funny.....LOL...which is true!!!!!

It would look like this on the 360
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bYvrTKURyQ

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

Maverick Hunter Z said:

Wow, this forum allows this kind of stuff? Crazy place. First one was funny, but a poorly drawn South Park Comic? What are you 12? If you can afford a PS3 how about puting some of that money towards standards. Oh snap! Now that's comedy.

- (Present) People deny MGS4 will ever come 360 while believing Kojima's claims it might not even fit on one Blu-Ray disc.

- (Future) MGS4 comes out on PS3, everyone rejoices (Game sells little over a million copies)

- MGS4 officially announced for 360 (Possible a "substance" version, you know, exactly like how it happened for MGS2 and MGS3 yet everyone still said it wasn't going to then either).

- People recant thier bullshit of saying it could never happen, but still predict it will be 5-10 discs and of course, will suck compared to teh elite PS-triple version.

- MGS4 for 360 is announced as being only 2 (possibly 1) discs

- People call shenanigans and say they must have cut out a whole bunch and continue to bash it while dancing around with their PS3's over their heads.

- MGS4 is released for 360 on 2 (possibly 1) discs and is just fine, later confirmed that the PS3 version used uncompressed data or redundant data to fill up the extra space on the PS3 Blu-Ray disc or didn't fully utilize the alleged space at all. Nobody owns up to their bullshit, everyone pretends they never said it couldn't happen. The graphics were never that impressive for a PS3 game anyway.

- PS3 fanboys (like my brother) will pretend then that MGS4 never mattered that much as a game to the PS3 and will site how poorly the previous games did and say that you're being foolish for expecting this one to sell any better or not be on a Microsoft console.

Rolf

a little over a millon, ahhh your a xbox owner makes plenty sense. 

hehe, Man I thought here we go again. Another DFX-box claiming MGS4 is coming to them. hehe Classic :D

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil

Around the Network
Nonquihote said:
Maverick Hunter Z said:

- MGS4 officially announced for 360 (Possible a "substance" version, you know, exactly like how it happened for MGS2 and MGS3 yet everyone still said it wasn't going to then either).

- MGS4 for 360 is announced as being only 2 (possibly 1) discs

- MGS4 is released for 360 on 2 (possibly 1) discs and is just fine, later confirmed that the PS3 version used uncompressed data or redundant data to fill up the extra space on the PS3 Blu-Ray disc or didn't fully utilize the alleged space at all. Nobody owns up to their bullshit, everyone pretends they never said it couldn't happen. The graphics were never that impressive for a PS3 game anyway.

Rolf

a little over a millon, ahhh your a xbox owner makes plenty sense.

a little over a million is probably right though?

Maverick Hunter Z said:

- MGS4 officially announced for 360 (Possible a "substance" version, you know, exactly like how it happened for MGS2 and MGS3 yet everyone still said it wasn't going to then either).

- MGS4 for 360 is announced as being only 2 (possibly 1) discs

- MGS4 is released for 360 on 2 (possibly 1) discs and is just fine, later confirmed that the PS3 version used uncompressed data or redundant data to fill up the extra space on the PS3 Blu-Ray disc or didn't fully utilize the alleged space at all. Nobody owns up to their bullshit, everyone pretends they never said it couldn't happen. The graphics were never that impressive for a PS3 game anyway.

You heared the man Sony fanboys!... Truth hurts!... Ghehe!... Good writing, i Lol'ed ...

THE NETHERLANDS

Lawl! Well played gentlmen, well played. Do you ever get the feeling some Diehards never did that well in History Class or is it just me? Let's review some Metal Gear History!

Metal Gear Solid 2
- Hideo Kojima said it would be the last Metal Gear.
- Hideo Kojima said if another sequel was made, it wouldn't be directed by him.
- Hideo Kojima said it would only ever be on a Sony Platform.

Metal Gear Solid 3
- Hideo Kojima said it would be the last Metal Gear.
- Hideo Kojima said it would only ever be on a Sony Platform.

Metal Gear Solid 4
- Hideo Kojima said it would be the last Metal Gear.
- Hideo Kojima said it would only be on a Sony Platform (with a new twist this time) and that it simply can't be done on anything else.

history aside though, lets look at other annoying factors that some of us would just like to pretend aren't there.

Konami's Presdient says they need to make back the money put into developing MGS4 because the PS3 won't make it back for them no matter how well it does. I guess most of you think they're going to hold a charity auction or something instead of porting the game, LOL!

The Official Metal Gear Solid Pod Cast coped to Hideo admitting behind the scenes his masterpiece could have easily been done on the 360 (oh that rascal) and also made mention of bolstering his artistic control over the next MGS, which Hideo said there wasn't going to be and which he also said he wouldn't be directing. Oh Hideo! You're the King of just too much! Oh you!

But what am I sayin? Here I am taking everything so serious when this thread was only ever meant for a good chuckle. I swear, you can always count on me to ruin a good party. After all it's not like this topic was a thinly veiled excuse for Sony Hardcores to laugh away their insecurities about a possible 360 version hoping that by kidding each other it could never happen that it somehow won't. Ah, but there I go rambling again, I swear, what do I know. You guys gotta have patience with me, I am a N00b after all. *knocks on head*

Proud Owner Of: Wii, DS, PSP, Xbox 360 (Brother owns PS3 & PS2)

Things that have changed since the last Generation of Gaming:

- Nintendo has shown us you can have the best selling console of all time with virtually no games for it.

- Graphics suddenly matter to Sony fans but Reverse Compatibility and Dual shock oddly enough don’t.

- Kiddy Crap is trendy with Hardcore gamers now that it’s no longer Nintendo’s “thing” (Viva Piñata, Little Big Planet, Banjo Kazooie 3, LBP)

- Third Party Developers are now essentially the equivalent of Video Game street pimps.

- Gimmicks are no longer fads (Wii-mote)... Well, not all Gimmicks (PS-Eye)

lol, rofl!!

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million