By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - grand theft auto 4...Is a success or a failure???

Its probally to early to tell but is grand theft auto 4 a success or a failure??? Looking at the san andreas numbers right now...I think its a failure...What to you think? by the way I love GTA4.....

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/index.php?name=grand+theft+auto&console=&region=All&developer=&publisher=&genre=&keyword=&boxart=Both&results=50&order=Hits

Around the Network

What happend with the DLC?

It is following GTA 3 in sales

and trust me GTA 5 will sell like GTA VC

& GTA 6 will sell like GTA SA again

and yes I believe GTA 5 & 6 will be released this gen

maybe with different names like SA & VC had

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Best selling PS3 game so far.
3rd best selling 360 game so far.

How could anyone argue that it is not a success?

Obviously, with the announcement of super specifications required in order to play the game on PC, I'm not sure the game will be successful as much as San Andreas in the modding community.

Saleswise, I think it's too soon to say. There's still the exclusive DLC on X360 that might boost a few more sales.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:

It is following GTA 3 in sales

and trust me GTA 5 will sell like GTA VC

& GTA 6 will sell like GTA SA again

and yes I believe GTA 5 & 6 will be released this gen

maybe with different names like SA & VC had

But does that really count as GTA 5 and 6? It seems like they only add a number if they change the game engine.

-=Dew the disco dancing fo da Unco Graham=-

It has sold 10m copies, assuming we believe it cost $100m to make, we can assume the publishers get about $40 from the $60 spent on each game... you do the maths

It may not reach GTA:SA sales but there's no question this game is already proven to be a success and will continue to have legs for quite some time to come.

13-14mi looks fine to me. It will not outsell VC.

in terms of outselling the earlier GTAs: fail.

in terms of profit: win.