By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN....R2 vs GEARS 2 Comparison!

Skeeuk said:

yes its tue gears sales will be more than R2, but non of that profit goes into my back back pocket, as long as game is good to play thats all that matters

coverage again gears coverage will be more, i mean more people and outlets will comeout of the turtle shell and give out reviews like WHAM! Gaming  did on orig gears.

im getting tired of g2vr2 threads

a sony fan will choose r2

and a 360 fan will choose r2

i think everyone should leave it at that

I think you meant that a 360 fan will choose Gears 2...then I'd agree with you.  Fans will be fans afterall.

Around the Network

I choose both, they are both full of win!

Btw RFOM 2 is also > Left 4 dead as well. OMG like both GOW2 and L4D are designed to run with 4-10 people online and they are obviously packing an inferior online mode because they don't have 60 people.

If only L4D had 60 player online, otherwise it just won't measure up. Ditto on Gears.

Yawn.

Tease.

^ [edit:  Never mind, I just noticed who posted that.  He's not serious.]

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

I'll be picking up the one that starts with an R since I don't have a 360, if I did I might have gotten both.

4 ≈ One

Around the Network
Dgc1808 said:
I'll be picking up the one that starts with an R since I don't have a 360, if I did I might have gotten both.

You won't be picking up Rears of War? Shame on you. :(

If you don't get it, check this out (especially at 0:57):

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Oh well they both got 9.5 seems fair to me. And I'm not surprised Gears got a good score on graphics as Gears 1 still is one of the best looking games out there and that's from 06. Resistance 2 looks friggan awesome as well can't wait to rock out on 60 player death kill goodness.

Both games look great and Wii fans should be happy too with Wii music. Rock on baby!

The judge will be the sales figures...ther eare now MORE ps3 on the street, than when Halo 3 launched, so there can be NO excuses for why it CAN'T outsell Halo 3 and Gears 2.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Skeeuk said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Snaaaaaake said:
Wow, baised towards Gears or what? Texture and framrate issues are a horrible thing to have yet it still scores 9.5. And all of this from a game that is meant to be the flagship of the 360's lineup? Doesn't look too good.

Hmm, I wonder which console this guy owns.

It's been said many times, the framerate issues are miniscule and unnoticable. You're only bringing them up because this is a 360 exclusive, and it's the only bad thing IGN said about the game in the whole review.

It's funny that this topic is all about Gears and not about R2.

That's how sales and news coverage will be too, though.

yes its tue gears sales will be more than R2, but non of that profit goes into my back back pocket, as long as game is good to play thats all that matters

coverage again gears coverage will be more, i mean more people and outlets will comeout of the turtle shell and give out reviews like WHAM! Gaming  did on orig gears.

im getting tired of g2vr2 threads

a sony fan will choose r2

and a 360 fan will choose r2

i think everyone should leave it at that

I don't think any self respecting 360 fan would choose R2 over G2, unless they also were a PS3 fan/owner, for several reasons, the most obvious is they would have no way to play it.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

heruamon said:
The judge will be the sales figures...ther eare now MORE ps3 on the street, than when Halo 3 launched, so there can be NO excuses for why it CAN'T outsell Halo 3 and Gears 2.

You think Resistance 2 can outsell Halo 3?

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.