By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN....R2 vs GEARS 2 Comparison!

^^ I agree the review does read like a 9.8.

Around the Network
Griffin said:

A bad framerate and the texture problems that happen in just about every UE game and they still give it a 9.5 for graphics.... I'm wondering if they will raise the score to 12 for Killzone 2.

lol, Gears 2 has a bad framerate? What game have you been playing? Did IGN mention that it has a frame hicup once in a while, and you just generalized it to a bad frame-rate? If you'd ever played the game, you'd realize why it got a higher graphical score.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

All it says to me is that PS3 and Xbox360 fans will be having a great holiday and owners of both consoles will have double the fun. Can anybody tell me what will the Wii have for the holiday? Im kinda out of date for the Wii.

OMG!!!1!1!1!!!!one!!!! 3

both games are rated the same! Krayzee!

someone fetch me a cookie before i get overexcited about it.

and on the issue of the 4 x 9.5 for gears2 and 2 x 9.5 for R2, the overall score is not an average. there must be something about R2 outside of the identified criteria which raises their opinion of it. simple as. Something mystical maybe...

like a cookie.

Atari 2600, Sega Mega Drive, Game Boy, Game Boy Advanced, N64, Playstation, Xbox, PSP Phat, PSP 3000, and PS3 60gb (upgraded to 320gb), NDS

Linux Ubuntu user

Favourite game: Killzone 3

colonelstubbs said:
Interesting...gears got four 9.5s in its review while r2 got 2....yet they get the exact same score....

if u read under OVERALL it says "not an average"......just pointing out... we should all read carefully before posting

Around the Network
Scruff7 said:
OMG!!!1!1!1!!!!one!!!! 3

and on the issue of the 4 x 9.5 for gears2 and 2 x 9.5 for R2, the overall score is not an average. there must be something about R2 outside of the identified criteria which raises their opinion of it. simple as. Something mystical maybe...

like a cookie.

But PS3 and Xbox 360 fans both need something to brag about.  If both games are deemed equal by IGN, they cannot endlessly taunt the other side about the inferiority of their exclusive shooter.  Maybe we can all get along now? 

Well, probably not.  Hopefully one the their versions of CoD5 is graphically slightly worse than the other, so we can have some more long ranting threads about meaningless console hardware superiority.  One can hope.

colonelstubbs said:
Interesting...gears got four 9.5s in its review while r2 got 2....yet they get the exact same score....

The classic "The whole is greater than the sum of its parts" scenario.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

Agree with Twestern both are great games so u will enjoy both.

Both will be great games. I don't really see the need to constantly compare the two.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

WiiStation360 said:
Scruff7 said:
OMG!!!1!1!1!!!!one!!!! 3

like a cookie.

But PS3 and Xbox 360 fans both need something to brag about.  If both games are deemed equal by IGN, they cannot endlessly taunt the other side about the inferiority of their exclusive shooter.  Maybe we can all get along now?

I think that was IGN's plan. They played it PC.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.