By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why You Can't Blame Reggie If "Disaster: DoC" Doesn't Make it to the US

woopah said:
maybe we could ask them why they are doing this

4820 150th Ave. Northeast
Redmond, WA 98052

Make sure to ring the buzzer so they let you in. Let us know how it goes.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network
Onyxmeth said:
woopah said:

Redmond, WA 98052

I've got the funniest mental image right now...

Yeah, in that case it's just bad.

I completely disagree with the OP.
NoA is to be blamed for the lack of almost half of the games they made.

@Onyxmeth: Completely agree with you and I share the same feeling about the games they announced at their conference. They probably will never come here and even Punch-Out or S&P2 could get cancelled in the way, just like Disaster did after getting announced at E3 06.

Nintendo makes a lot of promises but they don't keep their word. To a certain extent I believe that Nintendo is really trying to get the core audiences away from there and start just focusing on casual gaming and third party games in America.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

noname2200 said:
Onyxmeth said:
woopah said:

Redmond, WA 98052

I've got the funniest mental image right now...

Penny for your thoughts?

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network

I'd feel bad about way overcharging you...besides, the humor's probably coming from the caffeine rather than the image.

Disaster and Fatal Frame are mediocre at best. Don't forget that games with lots of text and/or voice acting require a much bigger localization budget than something like Donkey Kong Barrel Blast, too.

@DKII: That makes no sense. Why wouldn Nintendo not release Disaster in America, where it was first unveiled and FF4 when all the previous FF games were released in America too.

The games had the most hype on the West, but the lack of advertising, lack of hype and ugly organization are preventing this to come here. Announcing a game 2 weeks before release in Japan is obviously a very very bad idea, extremely bad. And judging the possible success of those games in America by seeing the Japanese numbers is the most stupid thing that has ever been done in the history of humanity.
It's like not releasing a JRPG in Japan because it bombed in America, as stupid as that.

Besides Nintendo is posting record profits, so losing a couple of bucks (Not really since Disaster is already fully in English) in translation isn't a bad idea to keep the core fans satisfied. Also who says those games will bomb if Nintendo advertises them properly? (I believe Nintendo purposedly wanted these games to bomb by not hyping them, announcing them 1 week before release, showing gameplay videos 2 days before release and poorly advertising them 1 day or so before release) IMO Reggie doesnt want games with ratings higher than E to be released in America, so forget about the next Zelda games, since Reggie is too scared of releasing a game that has a drop of blood or a bad word with the name of Nintendo on its cover.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Lol I didn't know Reggie had hired you guys to do his PR work and post excuses for him....

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

@Mike

I like your post style but you may want to note more heavily the reaction from region to region concerning No More Heroes.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D