By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Google blocks Nexgenwars.com

I'm not sure how long it's been like this but apparently google says that Nexgenwars.com can harm your computer...

I guess no one will be using this website as a source when Nintendo passes MS

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Around the Network

They still show Wii being 1.5m behind the 360 anyhow. Their numbers have been on "auto-climb" for the past like five or six months, with no adjusting this entire time.

At their current rate of climb, Wii won't pass 360 until sometime late next year. 

SW-5120-1900-6153

I hate that site anyway, it's become a fanboy festation. Every thread just turns into flame wars and general taking the p*** out of other consoles.

Lookies what I found on that ugly website on my first ever visit:

Hey Samuel..

Quote:
SamuelRSmith

(07/26/07, 13:55) I hate that site anyway, it's become a fanboy festation. Every thread just turns into flame wars and general taking the p*** out of other consoles.

From VG. If you want to post on both websites, make sure you don't slag one of them off on the other one...

First time I've been to that site and this thread is mentioned LOL.

That site has one hell of an ugly layout though.

They're onto you samuel!!!

ArtOrfAngels - The only reasons I go on that site is usually to have a laugh (when I'm really bored), but I get myself suckered into the petty arguments.

I posted about the site getting blocked on NGW when I read it here, and I get rude comments from that chedabob member.

The moderation is really lacking, especially when compared to this site.

Around the Network

Yeah that site seems pretty fucking crap, I can't believe people would post there instead of here, I mean seriously, early 9mill Wii, nearly 12 mill 360, WTF!?

I don't mind the sales figures, they're estimates, just like everyone elses. Sure, the estimates aren't as accurate, but the owner of the site hasn't updated it in a long time.

There are just a few members there who go in and ruin nigh on every thread. They wouldn't last a week on VGChartz before getting banned, but they've been around for months on NGW.

What I like about VGC is the respect for all of the members (sure, members like MrStickBall, ioi, and TheSource get much more respect than me... but I'm at the bottom of the pile) and I like the high level of moderation/general maturity.

I used to like NGW, i guess almost a year ago. The figures were updated and seemed to be correct slightly different than VGC's numbers but still within like 5-10%.

But like everyone said the owner quit updating the numbers based on real data and just let the autocounter climb. So I quit going there about 10 months ago and I joined this community

I agree with SamuelRSmith, I think people like MrStickBall, ioi, and TheSource make this site a lot more enjoyable

I started at nexgenwars... until I discovered the numbers were bogus, there was a boring "incremental" script updating the numbers - and the forum was full of flamewars (really, really bad).

I think it was somewhere in there, I found a link to "pcvsconsole.com" ... and stayed there for a few months, until I get the $hits with certain individuals (including the head honcho). Luckily, it was around then I found a link to VGCharts (as we were known then), and I have been happy ever since :))

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

As someone said VGC>NGW. Their 360 numbers are just way to high. I guess they just gave up.