By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSP questions!

My parents bought a Bravia HD TV and they got a free PSP with it so i have some questions about it :P

1- Neither it came with games nor with Memory stick, can i use it somehow, i mean does it have internal memory or something like that?

2- How can i play old games (NES, SNES, 64, PSP etc) and what do i need to do it?

3- What games do you recommend? I wasn't expecting to get one (at least not yet) and i don't really know much about its games.

4- What multimedia thing can it do besides play music, movies, etc?

I think that's all if anybody has any advices for me i will be grateful :P

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

Around the Network

1. you need a memory stick to save game
2.hack it lol
3. i personally like the metal gear acid games and both gta's
4.photos, internet (cant watch vids or most flash web pages),

Games to consider:

Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles
Lumines (I or II)
Patapon
LocoRoco
Jeanne d'Arc
Crush
Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth
Gitaroo Man Lives! (PS2 port, but an awesome game all the same)

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

Depends on what kind of games you like.

Personally, I like:

God of War
Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters
Disgaea
Untold Legends

For Snes, Nes, Genesis, etc, you will need emulation. You will need to know the firmware version of your PSP, and the hardware model (1000, 2000, or the newer 3000), because these things will determine the difficulty of hacking it, or the ability to even do so.

I forgot to say that it's a PSP 2010 also, can i watch youtube videos? i have tried but it doesn't work.

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

Around the Network

unfortunately you cannot watch any vids of the psp. the vids you can watch is google video, but you have to download it straight to the memory stick

there was this site i used a while ago to get Google video on the psp, but i forgot the url

theres a way to watch youtube vids:
1- install a custom firmware, just search '5.00 M33 CFW" in google.
2- install the "PSPTube" homebrew

for the games if you're the puzzle type:
-crush
-exit
-lumines

for the emulation of nes, snes .....
1- install a custom firmware, just search '5.00 M33 CFW" in google.
2- search for the respective emulator for the PSP they're easy to find

if you've a specific question just PM me ;)

I have a Wii but I'am a moderate PS Fanboy Hoping for a PS3 price cut

Democracy is when 2 wolves and a sheep meet
to decide who is for dinner.
Liberty is when the sheep has a gun.

Is there any risk if i "hack" it? I really want to play those games but i don't know if that would damage the PSP

well it's depanding on the version of the PSP motherboard I think the very last version wasn't even hackable.
concerning the risk to break it, I think ther's no risk you just have to follow some specefic steps.
I just have one favour to ask, if you can afford purchasing a game do it PLZ.

I know one site that have tutorials and all but it's in french, whats your french skills?

I have a Wii but I'am a moderate PS Fanboy Hoping for a PS3 price cut

Democracy is when 2 wolves and a sheep meet
to decide who is for dinner.
Liberty is when the sheep has a gun.

I dont want to play pirate PSP games, i want to play "retro" games (pirates are the main reason of why the PSP software aint sell) to be honest my french skills sucks lol