By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Resistance 2 Takes 420 Hours To Complete

deathgod33 said:
thank you blu ray!

Although, as you can see from the graph, the majority of the playtime is through levelling character's online. Blu-ray's not really needed for that.

Around the Network

im willing to complete it all as long as i dont get bored as easily as that game that got 10/10 and is a sandbox......

SamuelRSmith said:
deathgod33 said:
thank you blu ray!

Although, as you can see from the graph, the majority of the playtime is through levelling character's online. Blu-ray's not really needed for that.

What's nice though is that Resistance has fairly robust dynamic mission system. For skirmish mode, your squad will get an individual mission every couple of minutes that they have to attempt. For co-op, the missions are randomized to a degree. While each set piece/arena is largely the same (meaning every area has a set "battle" scripted for it), it does help to keep things fresh. I've played about 8 hours of co-op so far, and each time, it's been different. I've beaten the co-op mission twice, and twice I started at a different area, and completed the mission at a different area.

Any word on how many co-op/multiplayer maps there are in the final game? I'd really like to know as it could push this into a day 1 buy for me.

oliminator1994 said:
im willing to complete it all as long as i dont get bored as easily as that game that got 10/10 and is a sandbox......

I don't think very many people will get bored of this game, especially the online. I'm not sure if you were in the beta or not but if you wern't in it then let's just say the online is anything but boring. It's very intense bullets and grenades are constantly flying at you, at one point when I was playing my cell phone rang and I tried to pick it up but as soon as I dropped the controller I was being shot at I had to get rid of the phone and pick up the controller and quick.

Not sure how the story will be but the online gaming is incredible.

Yeah, but it's going to be 9-11 for the majority of people.

That's like saying gears is 420 hours long because of the Seriously 2.0 achievement.

Around the Network

In F-Zero X to get 100% you would have to race all 5 cups on all 4 difficulty levels with all 30 different vehicles... that's 600 cups and a cup has 6 tracks in it.... so takes about 15-20 minutes.

Thats 150-200 hours already, and that's only if you get 1st place in a cup on your first go.

I also haven't added the time-trials or death-race... trying to beat the staff ghosts is not a 1 attempt thing.

My point is, going over the same bit again and again is not additional hours to add to the games estimated completion time.

That power of blu-ray at work here.

Wow that's alot.

i hate to say this, but imagine the install thats going to be needed now also. my 60gb ps3 has 2k of memory left. im going to have to delete my gta4 game data....i could buy a bigger hardrive, but im saving my money for resistance 2 and gears of war 2.

deathgod33 said:
i hate to say this, but imagine the install thats going to be needed now also. my 60gb ps3 has 2k of memory left. im going to have to delete my gta4 game data....i could buy a bigger hardrive, but im saving my money for resistance 2 and gears of war 2.

I thought they said that you don't need to install anything onto the harddrive