By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Absolute MUST WATCH!! Left 4 Dead Opening Cinematic, over 4 minutes! AGH!

thetonestarr said:
Okay, I read up some, and the one with the really long tongue is a mutated Infected - a Boss - called the Smoker.

Then the giant one toward the end is the Tank.

There's also the Boomer, the Hunter, and the Witch, but they didn't show in the opening cinematic.

The witch is the chick crying in the beginning and I thought the hunter is the one with the tongue.

Around the Network

Witch is the crying one, Smoker is the one with the tongue (also has smoke to hide his position, hence the name), Boomer is the big fattie, which was only shown in the very beginning...well...the lower half of it...that's what the bile is that Bill, the vet, touches, the Hunter is the one that pounces on Louis, the black guy, and yeah the Tank's the big one.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

I didn't catch that being Hunter. Yeah, that'd make sense.

Didn't see Boomer. Thought maybe that was Witch, but wasn't sure.

I forgot those three being in there anyhow. Didn't stand out as much as being them. Now that I think about it, though, yeah, you're right. That's obviously Witch - light and noises aroused her, was able to take a LOT of damage. Fits Witch perfectly.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Looking fantastic, I cant wait to pick this up later in the year. However I may just get it on release day as my girlfriend, her brother and mum are all getting a copy of the PC version each, as well as a copy of the 360 version.

For anyone still not sold. Remember that this is a valve game, its made by the people that have brought us team fortress classic, team fortress 2, day of defeat, counter strike, half-life and portal. They're literally the best FPS developers in the world. Gears and resistence will be awesome but this one will inevitably take the cake. Accept it, its as inevitable as the zombie apocalypse.

Around the Network

I have to admit, i'm really looking forward to Gears of war 2 but my most anticipated game of 2008 is without a shadow of a doubt Left 4 Dead, It's gonna be SPECTACULAR........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!