By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Change hard drive

Hello.

I have the 60GB PS3 and my hard drive is full.

I want to change it for a 250GB.

The hard drive is full because of my 34 PS3 Game, I have already delet some file to play with new game.

Sony say's that only flash driver can be use to transfer files.

but... 60BG flash did'n exist or are very expansive.

Do you know how change hard drive on PS3 ???

Thanks !!!

Final Fantasy huge... watch my collection

Oh... Final Fantasy huge only on SONY system !

Around the Network

I think you'll have to delete all of your game data installs and then back everything else (game saves, downloaded games etc) up onto a flash drive. A 4GB flash drive did it for me, you may need a bigger one depending on how much stuff you have on your hard drive.

When you put your new hard drive in, transfer the data from the flash drive onto your new hard drive. So all of your save data and downloaded games will be on your new hard drive. After that, it's just a matter of re-installing all of your game data, could take a while.

^^^That's how I did it anyway, I swapped my 60Gb hard drive for a 320Gb one.

nice, thanks i will check for this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-B1mQ21XXLE

It's pretty simple. You can find info and instructions on many sites.

4 ≈ One

You can use an external FAT32 formatted hard drive to copy all the game data, games saves, and PSN games off your PS3 hard drive. Just connect the drive and run the backup utility. You can find a 60 GBexternal drives for around $70 USD.

Bethesda's Todd Howard "if install base really mattered, we'd all make board games, because there are a lot of tables."

Feel free to add me ...

PSN ID - jedson328
XBL Gamertag - jedson328

Around the Network
jedson328 said:
You can use an external FAT32 formatted hard drive to copy all the game data, games saves, and PSN games off your PS3 hard drive. Just connect the drive and run the backup utility. You can find a 60 GBexternal drives for around $70 USD.

This also works. I remember Bestbuy had 500GB ExHDD's from wester digital for less than 100$ a few months back.

4 ≈ One

Sony tell me that only flash memory can be read by the PlayStation3.

mamboula: it clearly shows how to do this in your ps3 owners manual.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

some game saves can not be copied they have copy rights protection don't no if it the same promblem if you back it up also be carefull with the 4 screws there on there tight

Play Me

mamboula said:

Sony tell me that only flash memory can be read by the PlayStation3.

I used an external hard drive to run the backup utility, and it worked very well.  The format has to be FAT32 though, the PS3 cannot see NTFS or HFS file systems.  The utility compresses all your game data, PSN games, and saves into a single file, which you then restore onto your new drive.  It works,  "Sony" didnt know what they were talking about.

Bethesda's Todd Howard "if install base really mattered, we'd all make board games, because there are a lot of tables."

Feel free to add me ...

PSN ID - jedson328
XBL Gamertag - jedson328