By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony taking steps to "investigate" LBP's problems!

kutasek said:
It's way better now, but when i go create mode, there's still some freezes.

Why wasn't this found during beta...doesn't seem to be connected with online...or is it?

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Around the Network
heruamon said:
kutasek said:

Why wasn't this found during beta...doesn't seem to be connected with online...or is it?

Bata was a limited number of users.  Once it went live the servers probably couldn't handle all the trafic.

JHawkNH said:
heruamon said:
kutasek said:

Bata was a limited number of users.  Once it went live the servers probably couldn't handle all the trafic.

sorry for my ignorance, but i didn't realize create mode was done online.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

Kasz216 said:
libellule said:
they really REALLY should have done a beta ....

Sarcasm?  Well hopefully they have it fixed by the new year.

yep it was

Time to Work !

aside from when they turned the servers off I haven't had a problem with the online.  I assume its because all my online playtime has happened at night (pacific time) when most of the continent is asleep or is getting ready to sleep.

Around the Network

Am thinking LBP will be near flawless by March 09. SONY seems quite serious with making sure this game is at it's best.

4 ≈ One

CGI-Quality said:
@ vlad

A game “like this” has tons going on in it. Have you played LBP? If you have then I don't get u. LBP has lots going on, and tons of people doing tons of things at once. Besides, PS3 is Sony's first attempt at such a broad online interaction. Considering a lot of their online-only games, and the AWESOME Resistance 2 coming next week, I think Sony is doing considerably well.

SOE has existed for ages. Also I really really hope that you are not trying to say that LBP server strain comes even remotely close to an MMO's server strain, because that's one of the stupidest things that I have hear. Also even EA was able to get its crap together and get the servers for SPORE working just fine, which btw is the exact same basic idea as LBP, just smaller files (20ish KB if even that), but it has countless more than LBP (42+ million creatures on their servers right now and it has been only 2 months WOW).

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

vlad321 said:
CGI-Quality said:
@ vlad

A game “like this” has tons going on in it. Have you played LBP? If you have then I don't get u. LBP has lots going on, and tons of people doing tons of things at once. Besides, PS3 is Sony's first attempt at such a broad online interaction. Considering a lot of their online-only games, and the AWESOME Resistance 2 coming next week, I think Sony is doing considerably well.

SOE has existed for ages. Also I really really hope that you are not trying to say that LBP server strain comes even remotely close to an MMO's server strain, because that's one of the stupidest things that I have hear. Also even EA was able to get its crap together and get the servers for SPORE working just fine, which btw is the exact same basic idea as LBP, just smaller files (20ish KB if even that), but it has countless more than LBP (42+ million creatures on their servers right now and it has been only 2 months WOW).

Well, I guess my impressions weren't too off base.  SOE has server experience, so I'm not sure why they are having these problems, and more importantly, why they haven't popped up in the initial reviews and previews we've seen.